Poll Options
View poll results: How do you use it?
To describe stuff I don't like
55 63%
Only to describe gay people
32 37%
Voters: 87.
Page 1 of 2
What are your views on using the word gay? I use it all the time to describe stuff I don't like, but when I am using it I am in no way trying to put down homosexuals in any way. So do you think you shouldn't use it, and if you're gay are you offended?
i is cool
1. Describing homosexuals

2. whenever something doesn't go my way, which seems to be happening a lot lately.
Go Veg.
This thread is fucking gay.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
Only to describe sexuality. I had to train myself to stop using it as in "that's so gay."

I've been trying to train myself to stop using it like that too. It's hard though. I still call random things I don't like "gay"
Praise be unto You,
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Creator of all

Stripper factories
And beer volcanoes await
In the afterlife
RAmen
I try to avoid using it to describe things I don't like, but everyonce in a while I do.
I guess it in all the ways it can be used. When I don't like something I'll probably call it gay, and another way of course is to describe gay people.
calling things you disliked "gay" was a big thing when i was in elementary school so it kind of sticks. I don't like it and every time I blurt it out I die a little inside, thinking of what a twisted ****ing homophobe I'm on my way to becoming through my vocabulary.

yeah, I'm trying to stop using it that way.
i trained myself to stop using it as a word to describe things back in middle school. its just stupid to call things gay that arent actually homosexual.
When I hit 'em from the back, I got them mami's saying dammit man.

When I put it in their mouth, I got them mami's saying duh-huh-huh-muhh.
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
Only to describe sexuality. I had to train myself to stop using it as in "that's so gay."

I'm in he process...

I've got a few gay friends now, so I've gotta stop that shit. I use the term to describe the way I like to style my hair, however.
mostly to describe homosexual males.

Generally, things I dont like, I refer to as "lame" instead of "gay".

It took me forever to get "gay" out of my general vocabulary though.
Quote by sluffinator
Yeh this guy knows his ****... just listen to him XD

Quote by ScreamingCheeto
NaivexLi is anything but naive. His post was a pretty good source of info.

Thanks

Quote by MightyAl

Pro tip, kids - girls are NOT impressed by your blood.
I just use it to describe homosexual people.

If I want to refer to someone derogatorily, I use the words stupid and retarded.
dude ur a faggot for posting this gay thread, only a homosexual would post something like this, u ****ing queer
this thread is gay.

j/k!!!

Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
I know a few gay people, guys and girls. I know they'd be uncomfortable if I used the word which they struggled to accept as who they were in order to describe something that was stupid, frustrating, or in anyway with a negative connotation.
I use the word "gay" to describe homosexuals. I use the word "ghey" towards something or someone I dislike.
Quote by bassdrum
I use the word "gay" to describe homosexuals. I use the word "ghey" towards something or someone I dislike.

LOL!! AGREE!! kinda i have a pet dog, but my friend is a DAWG
Quote by F-ing Hostile
dude ur a faggot for posting this gay thread, only a homosexual would post something like this, u ****ing queer

STFU NOOB
ಥ_ಥ
Sorry for the double post, but how might one go about training oneself to stop using the term to describe anything not homosexual?

edit:
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
Find another word to replace it. "Lame" is a good one.

Thank you, very much. I'll give it a shot
Last edited by -[NiL]- at Feb 14, 2007,
Quote by F-ing Hostile

Just take some midol and you'll feel so much better.
i is cool
Quote by skeptopotamus
I know a few gay people, guys and girls. I know they'd be uncomfortable if I used the word which they struggled to accept as who they were in order to describe something that was stupid, frustrating, or in anyway with a negative connotation.

I'm not offended by it. Sometimes it can make things awkward for me, but I wouldn't think any more or less of a person who did or didn't say it. I definitely say it is better not to say it, though.[quote="'-[NiL"]-']Sorry for the double post, but how might one go about training oneself to stop using the term to describe anything not homosexual?Find another word to replace it. "Lame" is a good one.
Last edited by DorkusMalorkus at Feb 14, 2007,
Quote by noahray
i use "gay" about as sparringly as black people use "n!gger"

Me too.

I played a few shows at a gay bar so all of us in the band had to get all the gay jokes and stuff out before we arrived so we could get it out of our system.
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!
Quote by Bubban
This thread is fucking gay.

I LMAO at that ^

I say "that's gay" a lot. I don't dislike gay people, it just comes out. you're sexuality is your business.
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
i used to say gay heaps

now i say homosexual because its more offensive
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
I think using gay to describe something negatively is way overdone, and it often annoys me when other people do it. I can think of a dozen other words appropriate for those situations. For me, gay is just a way to describe sexuality.
Straight people using the words gay, faggot, and queer as insults is one of the reasons I'm so cynical. Also, when's the last time you heard someone SMART use the word gay as an insult?
Does the word gay as an insult offend me? Yes, it pisses me the **** off, but I realize that a lot of people said it all the time through grade six. At least try to winnow it out of your vocabulary if you do still use it. Unless you really do hate gay people, in which case **** off and die.
I'm the dream unicorn! The young machetes guide my path through forests of burning orange trees, but protect me from the cloud eating coconut eyed monsters that live in the bushes.
I heard somewhere that gay means happy.
"When I grow up, I wanna be a vampire bat"

Quote by toton1989

Hmmmm... maybe from the post above you? Lol
i is cool
Quote by toton1989

It did. Long, long ago...

Now it's a way for people with very limited vocabularies to express their distaste with situations and insult people's sexual orientations at the same time.
Quote by DementedHippie
Straight people using the words gay, faggot, and queer as insults is one of the reasons I'm so cynical. Also, when's the last time you heard someone SMART use the word gay as an insult?
Does the word gay as an insult offend me? Yes, it pisses me the **** off, but I realize that a lot of people said it all the time through grade six. At least try to winnow it out of your vocabulary if you do still use it. Unless you really do hate gay people, in which case **** off and die.

you homophobicophobe
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
I use it only as a term and another word for "Homosexual".

Around here,this word is used so offtenly as a curse that everytime I hear it I think I might puke.
What is the big deal? Why did it suddenly become wrong for a word to have 2 meanings?
Check out my latest recording on my profile
Quote by salemboicot
i use rear end tail gunner, ommpaloompa, and various other things to do with chocolate to describe gays.

i like bummers

or child rapists
<//////>~
Page 1 of 2