So I bought a Fender Standard Jazz Bass back in November for $420, and it's been pretty good to me.

However, this weekend, a local music store is having a sale on all items for its 40th Anniversary.

Fender American Jazz Bass's will only be $550 instead of the normal $1,299.

Should I spring for the American J? I have the funds, and I can probably sell my Standard J for some money as well.
Yes, American Fenders are such a huge jump in quality over the Mexican stuff.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
definately yes.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
I'd definitely do the bass before the amp. Hell, at that discount, do both.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
I'd definitely do the bass before the amp. Hell, at that discount, do both.

Touché
Agreed with salemboicot. Nothing wrong with improving your gear AND making a profit while doing it.
For that price i would buy two and sell one of them in a few months on ebay. Keep your Mexi unless you really need the cash. You can defret it and then you will have a sweet set up.
Quote by Applehead
For that price i would buy two and sell one of them in a few months on ebay. Keep your Mexi unless you really need the cash. You can defret it and then you will have a sweet set up.

Sounds like a good idea. I second.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Wait, what music shop???!1? I live in Ozark. is it Palen or Springfield music? I MUST KNOW!!!
Member of the Matt Bellamy > Shred Club! PM Aidy Damage or Metallica708 to join!
Buy it!!!! The americans are a HUGE jump in quality from the mexicans in my opinion and at 550 you would be stupid to say no.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by Wolverus
Wait, what music shop???!1? I live in Ozark. is it Palen or Springfield music? I MUST KNOW!!!

Palen.