Instantly I'm thinking the chord progression and rhythm all sound pretty "done before." but then the vocalist has a good voice so its okay. it gets really catchy at about 55 seconds. Yeah, I like the chorus a lot. Vocals are really good especially since its live. Everything sounds good. nice acoustic song.

crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=526019
I agree with the extremely over-done before progression. Just out of curiousity.. is the "vocal effect" when the vocalist comes in intentionally? It sounded like he was away from the mic and then stepped toward it. The mixing is pretty atroious in this piece. I would also buy a windscreen for the mic, I hear it popping. that or bring the level down a little when tracking.

There's a part in the song that has these lines: or something like them...

Cause if I fall asleep with a flower in my hand
I'll only see you in my dreams

I like the first line, but the dreams is a little corny and cliche.

Back to the drawing board.

Luckily I tried to go back in your song to listen to some sections but it skipped and started playing Superman by Five for Fighting... so i'm going to listen to that instead.
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
Quote by Dutch_Apples
I agree with the extremely over-done before progression. Just out of curiousity.. is the "vocal effect" when the vocalist comes in intentionally? It sounded like he was away from the mic and then stepped toward it. The mixing is pretty atroious in this piece. I would also buy a windscreen for the mic, I hear it popping. that or bring the level down a little when tracking.

Yeah the mixing wasn't the greatest, the guy on sound was new and couldnt keep up.

At the beginning, that wasn't intentional heh, that was just teh sound guy not bringing the singers mic up enough.

ANd the levels are all over the place, my guitar gets quieter and the other one gets louder throughout the piece