Does anyone else find it hard to sing while playing guitar? Playing chords are alright but when your playing something that has a certain rhythm i have a hard time trying to remember the lyrics and the rhythm of the song at the same time.

ok, im just posting this to see if im the only one. i probably am, i suck at guitar haha
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
Millions of threads on this, use the search. Basically, you have to learn the guitar part well enough that you can play it without thinking about it, then you can concentrate on singing.
try reading the lyrics while you play or read something while you play the song or just practice it till you can play it without thinking. and to answer your question a lot of beginners find it hard to sing and play at the same time
sorry i didnt even think about searching for it, i didnt think it'd be that big of a topic
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
Learn the guitar part very good...then play it while humming the words...eventually after some practice u'll be able to sing the actual words.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
yea its tough. i did vox for a while... it sucked i made us get a real vocalist.
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
I have found that if you learn the words well, the guitar comes pretty easily(given you know the song decently) you just instinctively change chords, or parts be it, when they come. Don't really know though, I've been playin awhile, but definately learn the words.
Quote by jxmxaxn
sorry i didnt even think about searching for it, i didnt think it'd be that big of a topic
It is.
Im pretty used to it but when i was starting out i did find it kind of hard. Sometimes its harder for me with chords actually because it throws my strumming patterns off. For example on Snow Hey Oh i find it easier to play the actual riff than to do it chorded because the riff just repeats and u dont have to worry about your pattern getting thrown off.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
If you want practice, try "Sex & Candy" by Marcy Playground. That was the first song I ever learned to play and sing at the same time, and it comes so easily now.
Quote by Jesus Himself Christ
You know, you're one pretty cool guy, Kylster.

Please click this and critique some little ditties I done madeified myselfins!