I just got a brand new 7 string electric guitar today and when i play it sounds really muffled. I thought maybe it was just the tone nob but i messed with that and it didnt help at all. The pickups are emg's which I've heard are really good. Do you have any tips on what i could do to fix the muffling?
Quote by Cosimo_Zaretti
I was thinking about bolting a nut, machine heads and a bridge onto my dick. String that up and I'd have a wangcaster of my own.
What amp are you playing through? Check that and the EQ's and report back.
Some of the most powerful moments are when there is nothing to be said
Yep, something like the EQ or "Presence" on your amp.
Ibanez RG350dx
Ibanez AF85 Artcore VLS
Peavey Bandit 112

Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
its a fender 15g. I dont have it on overdrive so i dont thing that the equilizers do anything but i am using a distortion pedal. On the pedal the high and low knobs are both almost all the way turned up.
Quote by Cosimo_Zaretti
I was thinking about bolting a nut, machine heads and a bridge onto my dick. String that up and I'd have a wangcaster of my own.
try turning the low down a bit on the pedal... i'm not familiar with the amp, but the equalizer should still effect it. my guess is your Low is up a little much, or your mid range is down to much.
Agreed. Try turning your High, Mid, and Low down on both your amp and pedal. Then tweek it from there. Your pedal is probably causing the muddy effect because it is kicking up the high and low tones (like a greater distortion). Same can be with the amp. if your gain, volume or level, High, Mid, or Low are all the way up, you'll probably be hurting your ears (unless that's what you are going for).
Some of the most powerful moments are when there is nothing to be said
Your battery is probably dead/dying if it's an active pickup.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead