So I Am Looking At This Amp For Small Gigs and Practice. Do Fellow UG'ers think this is a Good Amp?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-Ultrabass-BXL3000-300W-1x15-Bass-Combo?sku=481097
Schecter Hellraiser C7 w/ BKPs
Hughes and Kettner Switchblade
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez TS9
Boss Tuner
Morley Tremonti Wah

"From My Rotting Body, Flowers Shall Grow, And I Am In Them, And That Is Eternity"
well what do u guys suggest that is around this price and wattage?
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez TS9
Boss Tuner
Morley Tremonti Wah

"From My Rotting Body, Flowers Shall Grow, And I Am In Them, And That Is Eternity"
Well I guess 300w is enough for a gig but I was just gonna ask fellow UGers for advice
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez TS9
Boss Tuner
Morley Tremonti Wah

Whell I dunno about Behringers, but the general setup of the amp is decent. 300W is average and quite enough for gigging. and hte graphic EQ is a plus! The 15" speaker will deliver lows quite nicely, however you may have a problem with highs. but that is up to preference.
Ok Im gettin this one then thanx 4 all ur help guys I knew I could count on the trusty guys at UG
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez TS9
Boss Tuner
Morley Tremonti Wah

look! what has everybody got against behringer!? i have the 90w version of that amp and love it. Mine has been gigged alot, sounds good and it was cheap. I really do think that all these people who say that they break down are talking junk. Mine is about a year and a half old now, and is played at nearly full volume for 3 hours 2 nights a week! Once or twice a month, it is gigged and stands up to that fine. So guys, stop slagging off behringer, I really like mine, and have never suffered any kind of breakdown. Cut them some slack!
Quote by Freddy_Walker
stevo 192 lol mate u a beast! Such a rebel!!!

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
Trace Elliot Series 6 head and cabs
Fender American Stratocaster
Vintage Teisco electric guitar
Fender princeton 650 dsp amp
i thought the price of behringer was excellent for what you get, i was gonna get one myself. They have only been making bass amps for a few years which is why the price is so good.
what else can you get with aluminum cone, full eq, distortion, active and passive plugs, all in a portable casing?
Just remember that just because it is 300 watts dosent mean it really is
There is only so much air a 15inch speaker can move
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

"why can't we be friends"
Yeah, and that happens to be a lot.

Don't buy the Behringer though. Sure, the price is great for a 300w 1x15 combo.

But not when that 300w 1x15 combo pops its clogs a couple of weeks into its life.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by stevo192
look! what has everybody got against behringer!? i have the 90w version of that amp and love it. Mine has been gigged alot, sounds good and it was cheap. I really do think that all these people who say that they break down are talking junk. Mine is about a year and a half old now, and is played at nearly full volume for 3 hours 2 nights a week! Once or twice a month, it is gigged and stands up to that fine. So guys, stop slagging off behringer, I really like mine, and have never suffered any kind of breakdown. Cut them some slack!

You got lucky. That is all.

We are not "talking junk". I can't speak for anyone else on this forum, but in my own personal experience, I have had not one, but two Behringer amps fail catastrophically (one was an electrical short that resulted in fire, the other was a power section that simply stopped working). The first failure happened within minutes of taking the amp out of the box. (Note, I didn't buy the amps in question, these happened while trying them in-store)

Every music store within 45 minutes of my home refuses to carry Behringer amps (although some do carry their PA gear and mixers which are decent) due to an excessive number of returns/angry customers looking for warranty claims. I am good friends with the owner of a local guitar shop, and he told me that of all the Behringer products he sold in the year or so he carried them, roughly 40% ended up back in the store due to failures or general dissatisfaction with the product. That is an atrocious percentage.

There are, of course, Behringer amps that have been put together competently, and you apparently have one. But, as I said, you got lucky.

EDIT: Back on track, I don't know what to think of the Kustom. The specs all seem to check out, and I'm quite (pleasantly) surprised by the Eminence speakers. The only major thing lacking is the capability to run an extension cabinet. But as a basic first gigging amp, I'd say go for it. Kustom generally makes good stuff, and you don't exactly need a stack at this point in your playing career anyway.

Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Last edited by canadianpunk071 at Feb 15, 2007,
Well Im leaning towards buyin it but the only problem is shipping is 70 bucks which I fully understand though because its 112 pounds
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez TS9
Boss Tuner
Morley Tremonti Wah

dude if your doing small gigs get one with 2 12's or something
my band has a 1x 15 that i use since i cant get my fender yet, and its just not powerful enough
Dude you relize that it ways over 100 pounds, right? Thats a lot for an amp and even I can hardly stand luggin something like that around and I am pretty strong.
Rhythm Harmony Melody
Quote by etniesmuzikskat
Well Im leaning towards buyin it but the only problem is shipping is 70 bucks which I fully understand though because its 112 POUNDS

I know
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez TS9
Boss Tuner
Morley Tremonti Wah

If one thing can be said for Kustom, it's that they're reliable. 4 years, never broke down.
Member of The Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Co-Founding member of the Save the Funk club. PM jimmypage27 or me to join.
Founding Member of "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club.
Member #11 of the UG RIP Cliff Burton Club
From what I've heard the kustom amps are brilliant. I don't recommend behringer at all though, I bought one 2 years ago, the tone sucks and yesterday it decided to cut out luckily it's working again but i don't trust it now.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by canadianpunk071
Every music store within 45 minutes of my home refuses to carry Behringer amps
None of the top stores in the UK have been carrying Behringer except when they get bulk offers that they can't refuse.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by John Swift
None of the top stores in the UK have been carrying Behringer except when they get bulk offers that they can't refuse.

Thor be praised, there's sense left in the world.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Quote by John Swift

Thats why GAK carry them permanently is it?
Quote by Freddy_Walker

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
I know someone who uses this amp, and it makes his bass sound worst than mine (not literally). But I heard it has really shit tones.
Quote by stevo192
Who is GAK?
G&L L2500
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
300 watt 15" powered cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
if you were going to say that in proper english, it would be 'Who are GAK?', but anyway. GAK are one of the biggest suppliers of music related equipment in the UK. They PERMANENTLY stock behringer equipment. Lots of people seem to buy from them. So it looks like you were wrong buddy!
Quote by Freddy_Walker

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
Quote by stevo192
if you were going to say that in proper english, it would be 'Who are GAK?', but anyway. GAK are one of the biggest suppliers of music related equipment in the UK. They PERMANENTLY stock behringer equipment. Lots of people seem to buy from them. So it looks like you were wrong buddy!
So when was the last time you visited one of their stores.
Buddy!
G&L L2500
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
300 watt 15" powered cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Behringer's are decent I mean i guess it would be okay, but for seventy more dollars you could but the Ampeg BA-115 it's 100W, has a 15-inch speaker that's surely good enough for small gigs. But if you really like the Behringer and it suits your needs then go for it.
Quote by John Swift
Who is GAK?

Guitar Amp Keyboard. They're an online store with a high street outlet.

I'm not sure they carry anything permanently. Whenever anyone I know has ordered from them, they've had to wait anywhere between a couple of weeks and two months for the store to order what they wanted first.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by Fenderman822
Behringer's are decent I mean i guess it would be okay, but for seventy more dollars you could but the Ampeg BA-115 it's 100W, has a 15-inch speaker that's surely good enough for small gigs. But if you really like the Behringer and it suits your needs then go for it.
How much Behriger gear have you actualy owned?
All the behringer gear that I've owned has failed, one particular item failed several times in the first year so I demanded a refund and got it.
Behringer has the worst repair/warranty record anywhere; your gear can be away for weeks if not months as was the case with what was to be my last piece of behringer gear.
The problem with companys such as behringer is that they get a chinese factory to build there gear which is ok initialy but as soon the parent company is satified they then procure the cheapest components which then lead to failures.
There is nothing wrong with the design of behringer gear it is that the compnoents fitted often, in fact too, often them down.
Behringer are not alone in this situation many other well known brands who use far eastern manufacturers encounter the same problems.
G&L L2500
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
300 watt 15" powered cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by Caustic
I'm not sure they carry anything permanently. Whenever anyone I know has ordered from them, they've had to wait anywhere between a couple of weeks and two months for the store to order what they wanted first.
The reason being is that they don't stock much at all, you order then they order, that is the way these people operate.
It costs nothing to stock nothing.
G&L L2500
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
300 watt 15" powered cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by Caustic

I ordered mine and it was with me in 2 days

And to the guy that said about me visiting one of GAK's stores, it was only the other week. I went to Brighton for a couple of days with my folks and i went in then!

but to put an end to this... you make your own mind up about behringer, i like all of my behringer gear, i have never had any reliability issues and i would trust it implicitly. but hey, you guys hate them, i don't see why, but thats difference of opinion.
Quote by Freddy_Walker

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
Quote by stevo192
but hey, you guys hate them, i don't see why, but thats difference of opinion.
Why should anyone hate behringer, nobody hates them, but, the one constant regarding behringer from people on this site and not just the UK is the ureliability and poor backup regarding behringer gear.
G&L L2500
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
300 watt 15" powered cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn