ESP LTD JH-600

i want to buy that nice guitar of musiciansfriend.com

is $750 worth it?

rate it out of 10 please
My friend has one, it's pretty good. I'd give it an 8. The pick up's sound great.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
I personally Hate LTD's. Never confuse an ESP with the low end LTD's. The difference is huge.

I'd give it a 4 and I think you can do better for the price. The pickups are the only thing it has going for it.
Quote by King ofKumbucha
I personally Hate LTD's. Never confuse an ESP with the low end LTD's. The difference is huge.

I'd give it a 4 and I think you can do better for the price. The pickups are the only thing it has going for it.

Is that guitar low end? I've never really seen one of those before. But like he said, don't compare low end LTDS with ESP's...only high end LTD's.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
So this isn't an ESP? Or is LTD the label for cheap model ESPs?
Inhuman evil take down!
Quote by 18th_Angel
So this isn't an ESP? Or is LTD the label for cheap model ESPs?

Don't ever say it's a cheap model of an ESP . Even though it is, it makes it sound like it's wanted for prostitution or something...i don't know, don't ask.

But yeah, real ESP's cost over 2,000 dollars. Get a high end LTD, they basically blow everything else in the price range out of the water.

edit: OMG, that thing is actually a high end LTD. My mistake. I say go check it out for yourself!

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
As mostly ever body said this LTD is ok me personally I'd give it a...mmm.....a 5 because the pickups are actually good and maybe the tremolo.....and plus Jeff Hanneman just kicks ass mainly!!!
Quote by Jinskee
Get a high end LTD, they basically blow everything else in the price range out of the water.

Except for Schecters...
I am going to tell you exactly what you want to hear. Looks like a nice guitar, it's worth the money. BUY IT
Quote by King ofKumbucha
Except for Schecters...

Ugh, shecters :P. Great looks, but not my style.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Nevermore_Mike
....and plus Jeff Hanneman just kicks ass mainly!!!

But the guitar that he uses is nothing like the LTD copy... I'd bet my life on it.
Quote by King ofKumbucha
But the guitar that he uses is nothing like the LTD copy... I'd bet my life on it.

Actually, you know, you sound quite biased againts LTD's...just a question, Have you ever played a good one before?

I happen to find alot of people who talk like you to be one of those people who just don't like it because it's a company owned by a higher-end one.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee
Actually, you know, you sound quite biased againts LTD's...just a question, Have you ever played a good one before?

I happen to find alot of people who talk like you to be one of those people who just don't like it because it's a company owned by a higher-end one.

I have played a few...

The Sig James Hetfield, Kirk Hammet and Alexi Laiho LTD's. I've also played a Viper F-400 FM and a Viper 500S...

So no, I'm not one of THOSE people .

I'm just personally used to higher quality guitars so a lot of stock guitars feel like toys... except High end Schecters for some reason.

Guess its just my personal taste.
Quote by King ofKumbucha
I have played a few...

The Sig James Hetfield, Kirk Hammet an Alexi Laiho LTD's. I've also played a Viper F-400 FM and a Viper 500S...

So no, I'm not one of THOSE people .

I just personally am used to higher quality guitars so a lot of stock guitars feel like toys... except High end Schecters for some reason.

Guess its just my personal taste.

Aye, well I see.

Glad to see someone with some strong opinion though, to each their own .

But yes, I am wanting to check out a schecter one day, they're REALLY nice. But know you know, I swapped out the EMG's considering i don't like metal too much and put in bare knuckles (more my style). Maybe that's why I like it so much .

But as I'm saying...I hate those sig guitars...they just feel so tacky.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Wait for the new 2007 models....

Last time I checked they had Binding on the neck, and a Kahler trem.

waaaay upgraded.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
I will say this. Go to all your local stores, play everything in your price range(play guitars marked $250 above your range) THEN, and only then, make a decision. Music stores generally mark up the product quite a bit. When you find something you like, tell the salesman that you are going to buy the guitar online. They'll give you some shit about how the instruments aren't handled as well when you buy online(truth is they are sent to them FedEx just like you) and you can get it for less than musician's friend or AMS. Not less than the list but less than the list minus shipping. I know they don't charge shipping anymore, but you don't have to wait 3 days.
umm. so should i get this guitar or not lol ?

personnaly ithink it is a high end LTD because i checked out musiciansfriend and the lowest ltd i saw was like $160 or something.. lol
Quote by EdDx
umm. so should i get this guitar or not lol ?

Ok, answer this question: How long have you been playing and what guitar(s) do you currently own?
Quote by zombiesabbath
buy it of off ebay, u will save half the price

i dont think anyone would sell one of those on ebay lol
Quote by King ofKumbucha
Ok, answer this question: How long have you been playing and what guitar(s) do you currently own?

i got squire fat strat ( piece of shit for metal ) so im basically looking for a good price ranged metal guitar.. i like the design of the JH-600
Ok, list for a Squire Fat Strat is around $170.00 correct?

I think a good general rule is, if you want to upgrade, you should at least get a guitar that is worth double your current axe.
With that in mind, for you, I would say try it out and if you like it then buy it.
Quote by King ofKumbucha
Ok, list for a Squire Fat Strat is around $170.00 correct?

I think a good general rule is, if you want to upgrade, you should at least get a guitar that is worth double your current axe.
With that in mind, for you, I would say try it out and if you like it then buy it.

thts what im gunna do lol

so should i go try it out and see?
Quote by EdDx
thts what im gunna do lol

so should i go try it out and see?

Sure. Be sure to have a few riffs/licks ready, go to wherever you saw the guitar and play it. Be sure to check out a few other guitars in your price range too.

Also, if you have a marshall mg15cd practice amp at home, don't plug into a Mesa Dual Rec... Try to plug into either the same amp you have at home, or if they don't have your exact amp, one that is comparable (e.g. SS or Tube, wattage, combo or half stack etc.).

Good Luck