On craigslist (like ebay for local sellers) I found this guitar http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_epiphone_wildkat_ltd_electric_guitar?full_sku=518248%2e017%2e115

for only $390 and its in really good condition, I play punk, to rock, to psyco-billy, would this be the one for me? input would be nice
Gibson SG
HSS Fender starcaster
Crate XT120
BiG Muff (russian)
FAB chorus and echo
CB 700 drum set
what would you recommend? like solid?
Gibson SG
HSS Fender starcaster
Crate XT120
BiG Muff (russian)
FAB chorus and echo
CB 700 drum set
Quote by JDawg4098
doubt it, not a hollowbody for that kind of music..

What do you mean!? I think it would suite it quite well! reverend horton heat used semi-hollows for those types.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
distorted punk music too? because I just wanna make sure I can play everything I play now...
Gibson SG
HSS Fender starcaster
Crate XT120
BiG Muff (russian)
FAB chorus and echo
CB 700 drum set
Semi-hollow have a block behind the pickups, those Wildkats don't (I believe). You try to play that kind of music on that guitar, your going to feedback like crazy. Try something semi-hollow or better yet, solid with single coils, maybe a fender??
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
It says there that the Wildkat is semi-hollow...

Go for it
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
WTF you guys, hollowbodies are the only guitars rockabilly or psychobilly players will use. I have yet to see a rockabilly player using a solid body, and that guitar would be great for what you want. Lots of punk guitarists use hollowbodies also
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
^Alot of blues players do too. I love the Gibson Es-335, I want one with a bigsby :P.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Well it looks like everyone is in favor of the wild kat haha, I'm gonna try it out this weekend and maybe buy it, its around 2 years old and it's $390 if that sounds good?
Gibson SG
HSS Fender starcaster
Crate XT120
BiG Muff (russian)
FAB chorus and echo
CB 700 drum set
I've heard great things about the wildkat, if the person lives near you call them and arrange to play before you buy. That way you can make sure it'll suit your play style.
well does it being over 2-3 years old matter at all? like fret wise? because other than that, i realllllllllllly like the look and feel of it
Gibson SG
HSS Fender starcaster
Crate XT120
BiG Muff (russian)
FAB chorus and echo
CB 700 drum set