Now, before you guys say anything. Is there anyway to master that fast part in the song? I can play everything else mildly well, but that part just gets me. I can't place my finger there fast enough or I place em' there too quickly. I just don't know how to master that solo.

Anyone have any tips to share? I'm more than happy to hear some.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
there's only one thing to do and that's to practice those licks slowly (especially the build-up) and have them note for note, a lot of those licks are licks that u have to be fairly good to nail them so u need to practice them and get them right, also pay attention to the rhythm, that's really help in breaking down how the notes are played so you can get it right, other than that, just practice, it tooke me a while to get it
That fast part is pretty difficult. I can't get it unless I'm warmed up. You could try what I did, and go to www.freelicks.net and watch the slow videos of it in the solos section, play along, and build it up to speed.
Cheers Chris. Yeah, the build up is where it gets me. I can't seem to find which notes to do exactly...sort of hard to explain, but I get messy, it goes faster, then slower...

But yeah, I'll work on it. Thanks man.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by jmt
That fast part is pretty difficult. I can't get it unless I'm warmed up. You could try what I did, and go to www.freelicks.net and watch the slow videos of it in the solos section, play along, and build it up to speed.

Ahh yeah, I'm doing that also. That site actually got me started on learning solos, very helpful.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
yeah that part is really tricky, the wah wah throws it all off so you can't really tell the slides apart from the reg notes, but u gotta use ur pinky a lot, if u like put ur headphones on and pay real close attention you notice the pattern in the buil-up, he groups notes of four together and does something real quick at the end before going into the rest of it, anywayz, good luck
do you have powertab or guitar pro? if you do, just slow it down and play along to it, and then gradually increase your pace.
If you want to play some emo music, I recommend using these settings:
Gain:0
Bass:0
Mid:0
Treble:0
Presence:0
Master Volume:0
well make sure you have the song memorized, it makes it a lot easier than trying to read thh tab and play along. and all you can do is practice it more.
Quote by slash_cardy
do you have powertab or guitar pro? if you do, just slow it down and play along to it, and then gradually increase your pace.

all the guitar pro tabs if look at are missing some notes and changing other notes, i have the afd guitar book and iv looked at both and there is quite a difference in the 2
learn to play it bar by bar
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
just practice, and first learn it slow, and try to memorize it slow, then when you have it memorized, start to get faster, and faster, you'll eventually get it.

Quote by slash_cardy
If you want to play some emo music, I recommend using these settings:
Gain: 0
Bass: 0
Mid: 0
Treble: 0
Master Volume: 0

thats really funny
^lol.

Thanks everyone. And yes, I do know the whole song...well, most of it. I tend to improvise here and there throughout the end of the solo, but anyway, I'll take into consideration about using guitar pro to slow it down, etc.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by jmt

Are you sure the tab that goes with it is correct?
Quote by marsvoltaguy
i say both. you always have the option to not use the pedal at all but it will still be there like that obsessed chick you took to homecoming and never called again, sitting there waiting for your call. so yea both
^It should be.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Yeah, i can play the whole thing very good, but that fast bit is too hard, but i haven't practised that bit at all. I guess practice makes perfect.
Okay, i figured all I really need is more practice...But I have a question for the part that...well, before the whole "WHERE DO WE GO" part...the fast part.

When he does all of those bends...I can do them one time...but very sloppy--I can't find how to bend up the 14th fret....I know a bit confusing, but still, it's quite hard to achieve slash's vibrato and bends.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R