Yes, I've searched. Only Meshuggah and Dream Theater et al appear, nothing exactly what I'd like. I've searched Wikipedia too. Here are my questions...

At the moment, I'm writing a slow song primarily in 9/8. The main bass goes 9/8, 9/8, 9/8, 4/4, and repeats. However, I'm going to be using 5/4 as well. So 4/4, 9/8, and 5/4.

Say I wanted to add drums. For 4/4 and 5/4 time, I accentuate the crotchet on each beat? For 9/8, I accentuate the dotted crotchet three times, correct? So that would leave me with:

Dun = accented beat
Da = quaver
Di = semiquaver

4/4 (in quavers): Dun-da dun-da dun-da dun-da
5/4 (in quavers): Dun-da dun-da dun-da dun-da dun-da
9/8 (in quavers): Dun-da-da dun-da-da dun-da-da

Shouldn't it?

Maybe I should've asked this question before the above, but I know time signatures are not fractions; but I'd like to understand why. What's the difference between 4/4 and 8/8? Would it be like this...

4/4: Dun-da dun-da dun-da dun-da
8/8: Dun-di-dun-di dun-di-dun-di dun-di-dun-di dun-di-dun-di

Is 8/8 meant to differentiate from 4/4 which note duration gets which beat? Of course you hardly see people actually write it that way... But is that fundamentally correct?

So if my song went 9/8, 9/8, 9/8, 4/4, the beat accents would be:

C = crotchet, C. = dotted crotchet
| C. C. C. | C. C. C. | C. C. C. | C C C C |

If I'm wrong, can someone please enlighten me? I'm unsure as to what the difference is between time signatures that are rationally equivalent, and when to use them. Thank you.
F... you try to edit your post, and it creates a new thread. This is the thread that I edited after I posted, for clarification...
Seems to me that the further you divide your TS the better. The answer to your question, though, I believe, is in the drummers' hand. You can play it on the guitar all day, but it won't sound right until you can obtain the backbeat.
I think 8/8 would be:

Da-di-da-di-da-di-da-di-da-di-da-di-da-di-da-di

Because the way you put it looks like 8/4. Wait, the way you put it is fine, because the accented beat would be a quaver, so thats ok as well.

In 9/8 the beat you want to accentuate is the dotted crotchet, and yes three times.
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
Quote by notoriousnumber
I think 8/8 would be:

Da-di-da-di-da-di-da-di-da-di-da-di-da-di-da-di

Because the way you put it looks like 8/4. Wait, the way you put it is fine, because the accented beat would be a quaver, so thats ok as well.

In 9/8 the beat you want to accentuate is the dotted crotchet, and yes three times.

Yeah, I was wondering about which way would be the clearest to comprehend what I meant. Thank you, that's pretty much what I was after. So it seems many songs I listen to would technically be in 8/8... but it really doesn't matter as such, just personal preference I guess as to what to write.