How do you go about doing this?

Im not sure if this is the right forum though.

But like, if I have a song, lets just say, a song like Korn (Nu-Metal)

how can I change it into an acoustic song? I mean, like just Chords.
You'll have to have a good understanding of keys, chord analysis, and nonharmonic tones.
good luck finding an acoustic 7 string.

but seriously. korn just did an unplugged gig. i'm sure tabs of it will be around eventually.
Quote by hetjr
good luck finding an acoustic 7 string.

but seriously. korn just did an unplugged gig. i'm sure tabs of it will be around eventually.

No, Im not looking to play Korn, Im saying a band LIKE Korn, my friends band actually, they do use 7 strings, but Chords are chords, I can play them acoustic on a six string.

And Im not looking for the type of thing Korn did with their unplugged album. Which is basically playing the same song, just on an acoustic.

Im wanting to play the guitar with chords ONLY and sing the lyrics.
I'm not sure what you mean.

Instead of picking up an electric guitar, you pick up an acoustic guitar. Play the song the same way. There are 6 strings, 20 something frets, and the same tuning on both acoustic and electric guitars.

Brandon
I do this a lot actually. I know what he means. Which song are you wanting to find the chords for?

Examples: I've done this with Hendrix's Hey Joe and All Along The Watchtower (though it would just be like Bob Dylan's version).
Quote by eggo_boi_15
Arnt the first few things anyone learns on a guitar is

1. Nirvana - smells like teen spirit
2. Prince - Smoke on the water
3. White stripes - seven nation army

^ lol
Last edited by Spaghetti at Feb 19, 2007,
Quote by Spaghetti
I do this a lot actually. I know what he means. Which song are you wanting to find the chords for?

Examples: I've done this with Hendrix's Hey Joe and All Along The Watchtower (though it would just be like Bob Dylan's version).

Ahh thanks, I'm actually trying to figure out "Save Us" by Mushroom head, I know they use 7 strings, but my friend wants me to play it for her
Quote by brandondrury
I'm not sure what you mean.

Instead of picking up an electric guitar, you pick up an acoustic guitar. Play the song the same way. There are 6 strings, 20 something frets, and the same tuning on both acoustic and electric guitars.

Brandon

yea that doesn't always work
things that sound great on electric guitar can sound like real shit in acoustic guitars
plus, its really boring to play the same thing except on an acoustic guitar
i do this a lot, usually i find chords that match the tones and take basic shapes of stuff higher on the fretboard and find chords that sound like them. try it
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
figure out the melody, then with the notes put the chords that sound good with the notes, if you figure it is in the key of G, then you write out the melody like that, say you have a G, A, B, you find some chords that have a G , A , B, in it then you play them and see witch sounds better. This is what i do when i write songs and find the
chords, write out the melody then get the chords.

i hope this helps, if you dont understand PM me and ill explain another way.
My Music
Quote by x_themetalfan_x
For a second I thought the title said "I swallowed my dick".

my gear:
fender stratocaster american deluxe SSS(s1)
G-DEC 30W amp
custom carrying case
jasmine by takamine acoustic
silvertone acoustic

AMAZING GUITAR SOLO!!!
Are you sure that's the name? I can't find a song called "Save Us."

Edit:
Nevermind. Found it.

Hmm... I'm messing with it and the chord most used is Bb.

It's in like the key of Db.

The whole song is three chords...

Mess with those in that order.

Eb:-----------------------------------------
Bb:-------3-------------------------------
Gb:-4--2--2----------------------------------
Db:-4--2--0---------------------------------
Ab:-2--0--------------------------------------
Eb:-----------------------------------------
Quote by eggo_boi_15
Arnt the first few things anyone learns on a guitar is

1. Nirvana - smells like teen spirit