i made this thread because i noticed quite a few kiwis and i thought it would be cool to get their opinion on their favourite nz band

p.s: you dont have to be from new zealand to post on this thread
im living in nz at the moment.
Shihad rocks. Prolly my favorite.
Shihad formerly known as pacifier formerly known as shihad, the feelers and evermore are all more than decent!
Punk isn't dead, its just been raped and molested
Member #2 of the Shihad fan club
Member #5 of the Incubus fan club
Member #3 of The Deftones Club
member #4 of the Australiana club
blindspot kick ass, 8 foot sativa, head like a hole, good shirt, fur patrol, the datsuns. I been living in aussie for 5 years so i am a little out of touch with kiwi bands, bout the only one you hear of here is shihad, and now they say shihad are an aussie melbourne band.

salmonella dub, i used to love supergroove when i was 9 , .... i miss it.
i dont mind goodnight nurse.
Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
I vote you for Australian of the Year.

Quote by Dunjma
lol yea chuck the sicky! what an aussie tradition angels fighter i too vote u for aussie of the year

Quote by Deliriumbassist
I call bullsh*t. White people don't get sacked.

Visit my friends Site
shihad is kiwi?

thought theyre our own :P
“Broken hearts never mend”.
But fools never move on.
Shihad are based in melbourne i think, or at least some of the members are. either way, they kick ass, so do blindspott and cobra kahn.
Quote by Draken
Look i'm saying if she wore those glasses in bed i'd plough her like an Amish guy sowing his maize crop.

My Gear:
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse Pro
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Cheap classical guitar
Ashton GA-158C
Zoom 505II
the guitarist and drummer are based in melbourne i think, but im pretty sure jon tugood is from nz
teh rapper. hes album name was the crusader or something

hes alright
“Broken hearts never mend”.
But fools never move on.
Quote by seokorn
shihad is kiwi?

thought theyre our own :P

haha yeh good one man

th' dudes
teh rapper. hes album name was the crusader or something

hes alright

haha scribe lol?? he goes alright.
Shihad originated from NZ but they all live in Aussie now. That doesnt make them an aussie band though you bastards better stop claiming them *coughcrowdedhousecough*

and the Datsuns rule as well
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Last edited by druz15_UG at Jul 9, 2008,
There's more than one band in NewZealand?!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by gunners fan
There's more than one band in NewZealand?!

Fail at humor. Oh and New Zealand is two words, smart guy.

I'm not a big fan of the mainstream NZ bands myself, but I love some of the local bands round here (Chch). You guys should check out Beneath The Silence. I'm not even a big fan of the genre and I love their music. It's insane that they're only in year 11 and 12 cause they are so talented. Especially the lead guitarist, she actually ****ing shreds like crazy.
Quote by druz15_UG
*coughcrowdedhousecough*

Drummer and bassist are from Australia. Only Neil and Tim are from NZ.
"Baa daa daa boo doo baa daa daa boo doo daa daa daa boo doo daa daa daa daa dum!"
Best ****ing Kiwi song ever!!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Antagonist. Just toured with Parkway. They were awesome.

That "Beneath The Silence" were good, vocals were blergh. Good for a 12 year old though.
I loved 8 foot sativa during their first two albums, and I haven't listened to anything after their third, but I used to love going to their gigs, and shihad always had a good gig.

Not really rock but there's a band called cripple mr. onion who are really good, I only saw them once though.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Quote by Jaymz2K
Antagonist. Just toured with Parkway. They were awesome.

That "Beneath The Silence" were good, vocals were blergh. Good for a 12 year old though.

Hah, he's 16. Year 11 and 12 = 15-17 year olds.