I need a good amp for around $300. My drummer is pretty loud but maybe its just me and both the guitarist have nice amps, one with 65w and the other with 120w. I have a 20w amp. ****. What are my choices here? I see some Behinger and Ashton stuff thats in my price range. There are also some 300w amps that are in my price range but I don't know if that would be good for the amp to have 300w and only one speaker.

So would 180w be good enough? I play metal/alternative/thrash stuff even though were not metal freak guys if you know what I mean. Here are the links to some amps in my price range.

180w

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-Ultrabass-BXL1800A-180W-1x12-Aluminum-Cone-Bass-Combo?sku=481094
Why does it matter if the cone is Aluminum?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-Ultrabass-BXL1800-180W-1x12-Bass-Combo?sku=481098

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ashdown-Electric-Blue-15180-Bass-Combo-Amp?sku=485037

300w

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ashdown-MAG-C115300-Combo-Bass-Amp?sku=485032

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-Ultrabass-BXL3000-300W-1x15-Bass-Combo?sku=481097
Rhythm Harmony Melody
Are you a bass player, if you are i still think it would be enough. Just see how loud a 180 watt goes to in a music store
Yeah, definitely. I use a 10 watt amp, and I can JUST be heard with the volume on max (only with a drummer).
get the ashdown 300W, my personal opinion.
Member of the Morley PWB Owners Club. PM mountaindew88 to join.
180watts would be more than loud enough to be heard over the drummer.

I use a 100watt, and I've gigged with it.
Quote by Niff
get the ashdown 300W, my personal opinion.

The Ashdown quality is a million miles better than any Behringer.
To SMB: yeah ashdown may be way better than the behringer but we can't all afford those prices. I have a 90W behringer, and i don't have any problems being heard. The only problem i think is that they don't have an output socket so you can run it straight into the PA, you have to mic it. Thats my only problem. Sound wise, they are pretty cool. I can get a sound to cover all of the bases (no pun intended). It has a great clean and can also provoke my precision lyte into a deep growl! i actually love the amp. And it only cost me like £120. i've gigged it several time, no problems at all.
Quote by salemboicot
180 watt can play a small venue so it should be fine. Unless you want to sound like you are being accompanied by the rest of the band

um... what do you mean buy that last sentence?
Rhythm Harmony Melody
Definitely go for the 300w ashdown, i have a behringer and it decided to cut out on me last night and the tone sucks. I love the ashdown MAG series amps.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by Birdy266
Are you a bass player

This thread is kinda in the bass forum.......
Either Ashdown, preferably the 300 for the extra $50; you later add an extension to these but not the 'Behringer'. The 12" version is a waste of time anyway.
With the Asdowns you can convert your combo into a stack by just adding another cab later.
Never consider buying a combo for serious gigging unless you can connect an extension without disabling the internal speaker.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Either Ashdown, preferably the 300 for the extra $50; you can add an extension to these but not the 'Behringer'. The 12" version is a waste of time anyway.
With the Asdowns you can convert your combo into a stack by just adding another cab later.
Never consider buying a combo for serious gigging unless you can connect an extension without disabling the internal speaker.
Sorry about the double post, old age is catching up with me.

G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
i have the ashdown electric blue (180w -15") and i can tell you it's bloody loud. easily loud enough to be heard over my drummer, 2 guitarists and keyboardist.
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
lol i have a 100watt amp and in my experience its been loud enough :p
i need to get a better signature.
forget about wattage, u shoudl worry more about tone. if u hav 100 watts of anything that'll be plenty loud. and there's always ways around making ur amp loud, but tone u can't magically fix. i agree get the ashdowns. but if u ask me, put in another 100 bucks and get a really good amp.
Quote by SocKo?
forget about wattage, u shoudl worry more about tone. if u hav 100 watts of anything that'll be plenty loud. and there's always ways around making ur amp loud, but tone u can't magically fix. i agree get the ashdowns. but if u ask me, put in another 100 bucks and get a really good amp.

What would you suggest?
Rhythm Harmony Melody
i've bought the electric blue (180W) and it's great for band practice and small venues...and you have got two outputs so you can connect another cabinet to it...so it's basically a great deal. You should go for it.
Quote by SOCOOLITHURTS
um... what do you mean buy that last sentence?

He means that you'll be way louder than the rest of the band.