Over the past year i've been recording an album. It's been very frustrating but now that it is nearly complete i've gotten a bit stuck. I've got covers for it and a small buch of people who are actually willing to buy it! Everyone who has listened to it has told me its amazing but i try not to let this go to my head (they are probably just trying not to be rude). So within a month this thing will be done but ... what do i do with it? I always new i wanted to put my songs on disk but i never really gave much thought to what i would actually do with it when it was complete. I have had some people telling me to send it to record companys. And i would love to perform and create a band but I can't because i have no bass player and my drummer is in another band. so tell me what should i do with it?
:stickpoke
perform solo, acoustic, or even with an electric guitar and vocals! get them pressed, and play shows till your hands and ears fall out. ANd if your music catches on, youll be able to find a band easy. Just keep doing what musicians do, perform perform perform!!
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
^^^ x 5 to the power of a very big number

and also send it to labels
they might be interested
and even music magazines can help you out in unsignedsections
You'll find once there's a chance of being signed, people will want to stay in your band a lot more. So send it off, and ask around for a bassist and drummer, making sure people know what you're doing and where you're at.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
And learn as much as you can about the music industry, so no-one screws you over.
Quote by p o e
lmfao man thats so sick and depraved and yet funny all at once

my hats off to you IbanezSA160, you have embodied the Pit into one little poem
screw the labels...well for now anyway, you can do anythign a label does by yourself. Plus, when youre starting off, its better to learn the ropes and do things on your own anyway. The only plus in being on a label is distribution. But i say keep it independent...usually labels arnt interested unless youve had experience yourself, they'd rather save thmeselves the hard work. Labels don't mean money anyway, they end up taking a huge cut, and you dont even own your own merchandise anymore. Selling records doesnt make you money, its the merch! so DIY man DIY!
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Look around for a drummer and bassist, then start a band with your music.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
www.cafepress.com sells your CDs, you just need to send them your tracks/artwork, and they'll get the case all professional and everything. I haven't tried it, so I dunno if it's any good, but I've heard good things about it.
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!