so i inherited some guitar's and some pedals off of my great grandpa and apparently they are very rare(i have no idea when it comes to guitars so i had to ask on here) but anyways my mum says that before i can use them i have to get lessons for half a year or something so i bought the cheapest guitar pack i could and hopefully i can use it just for half a year or so then get onto my inherited guitars....if u want to tell me anything or just want to have a look at the guitar and stuff i inherited go to:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=523192&highlight=inheritence

well anyway this is the crappy guitar pack i got it is a behringer v tone guitar pack..

so tell me what u think u never kno i might be surprised it might actually be alright.......but i doubt it
For just half a year? You'll be fine. In fact, you'll probably be all the more pleasantly surprised by the tone you get from your inheritance.
Dont supose you want to let us know what gear you got from granpa?
That's honestly a good idea. Looking at your inheritance, I don't think a person with no guitar experience should even come close to that kind of stuff. I suggest you store that stuff away in a very safe area, and practice your heart out for those 6 months. Learn everything you can. Since your mom is making you take lessons, you're going to learn Theory, learn it to the best of your ability, because it can be frustrating at times. Just learn to respect the Guitar, and then after those 6 months, move on to your other equipment, and respect that even more.

If you can do all that, you can definitely turn out to be a good guitarist. But the gear is a small part of it, you have to put dedication into it, and practice, always practice. When your fingers start to bleed, clean up, and practice some more. Just don't bleed on that Italian guitar, that'd be a shame.
Quote by Jesus Himself Christ
You know, you're one pretty cool guy, Kylster.

Please click this and critique some little ditties I done madeified myselfins!
You'll be fine.Nice variety of pedals.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
um jns i have a link there to see my inherited gear so um yea...

and kylster thanx man i will try hard cause i know that's what my grandpa would of wanted.
You are sooo lucky, that is the ideal situation, and btw well done for buying the cheapest kit out there, best thing you could have done. Good luck!

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Quote by jns
Dont supose you want to let us know what gear you got from granpa?

Don't suppose you actually want to go through the trouble of clicking the link in the first post?
I have been taking guitar lessons via theory, and yes it does take some time so just hang in there and never quit...after a few months it just comes to you, trust me

hope that grandpas guitar of yours still works!
Quote by indrek13
Don't suppose you actually want to go through the trouble of clicking the link in the first post?

Not particually, is there another way to get the information, one that requires a little less effort on my behalf?