Hey guys, I want to build an effects pedal. The only problem is I have 0 clue what the stuff on the schematics means. I know what a diode and resistor etc is. But idk what is what on the schematics. Can anyone show me a tutorial or anything? Thanks.
Where do you buy the stuff to build pedals? I'm interested in building one from scratch myself. Also, anyone have some good (free) schematics links?
Quote by John Mayer
"'What do you do when you've seen the most stupendous, stunning, earth-shattering show of all time?' Uh...I dunno...stop using hyperbole?"

UG 83
Cool! Thanks a bunch.
Quote by John Mayer
"'What do you do when you've seen the most stupendous, stunning, earth-shattering show of all time?' Uh...I dunno...stop using hyperbole?"

UG 83
GGG is amazing- the layouts are useful.

and small bear for parts, no doubt.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Boosters and fuzz pedals are fairly easy, you could start out with one of those.
I want to make me a nice overdrive with a touch of chorus and compression. Give me an older kind of tone, something cool i think
Quote by Leybick

you're going to try and tell me girls don't piss out of their asses?

Gear:
Agile AL-3100 Gold-top Les Paul
Vox Valvtronix 15 watt
Quote by Deluster
I want to make me a nice overdrive with a touch of chorus and compression. Give me an older kind of tone, something cool i think

you realize you just picked three harder kinds of effects and stuck them together? and it's not like you can do half the circuit for a touch of the effect. it's all or nothing.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
You can make a compressive overdrive for sure, adding some chorus requires a whole new chorus circuit.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
You can make a compressive overdrive for sure, adding some chorus requires a whole new chorus circuit.

Not to mention, money and components!
Guitars, Cadillacs and HillBilly Music!