So I downoaded the Wizard of Oz with hopes of watching it synced up to Darkside. I know you're supposed to start it when the lion roars the third time, but I think they cut out the lion in this version. Is there anywhere else I can sync it up?
There's a copy of it on Youtube. I watched it a few days ago actually.

In case you wanted to know.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
There's a copy of it on Youtube. I watched it a few days ago actually.

In case you wanted to know.

Thanks, I'm checking that out right now. I might be able to figure out how to sinc it up from that aswell.

And can you really sinc it up to the wall? I've never heard that before.
Quote by shav0r
What is it supposed to do?

The lyrics and music etc are supposed to match what happens in the movie. Like when Dorothy falls into the pig pen near the beginning the lyrics say 'Fall into an early grave'. There's more, but that's the only one I remember.

-Matthew Arnold

What makes me wonder, is who on earth discovered that the two media's sync together. Im going to have a look on youtube.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by flambe chicken
They are all urban myths I'm afraid.

Uh...no. It works perfectly with Dark Side of the Moon.
Guitars
"Dakota" - Fender Splatter Strat
"Jacqueline" - Maton CW80
Yes, I've seen that. It's quite weird at times. My favourite bit is when Dorothy gets knocked unconscious, just as 'Great Gig In The Sky' calms down. Perfectly timed!
Quote by flambe chicken
They are all urban myths I'm afraid.
I believe that too, however I also believe that it has some rather impressive coincidences.

One of my favourite lines is when 'Breathe' is playing. He sings "Leave, but don't leave me" - just when Dorethy's mother yells at her and she turns around, walks away.

Another is during the intro to 'Time', where it has the clock ticking sound, it resembles a heart beat - quite fitting for the situation on film, where the nasty lady is arguing with Dorethy and her mother and such about Toto (I believe that's the dog's name?). Also, which each "boom" in the music (if you get what I mean), that's when they react the most, such as the nasty lady turning around sharply or something.

However... the BEST part of the Darkside of Oz is during the solo for Money. That... is... AMAZING!
The way Dorethy moves her hands around on the beat as if conducting the band, and then when the solo REALLY gets into it, that's when all the Munchkins start dancing around. Seriously, I recommend everyone search the Darkside of Oz on youtube and go straight to Money. Before the solo starts.

It's great.
I didn't have a signature until now.
You can download a version pre-synced.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Quote by fronkpies
You can download a version pre-synced.
Ya that's what I did.

Actually... I know what I'm going to do. I'm going to upload the money sequence onto youtube so you guys can see what I mean easier. That is by far the BEST part of the Darkside of Oz.
this may be slightly off topic but you can sync up Frances the Mute with the Winnie the Pooh movie. it synchs up better than Darkside....

don't ask me how i found that one out.
Originally posted by bassist90

Thank you Assassin_Itachi, you truly are a great man
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA7bLBJBHJI

Here we go. I just edited the end of the Money solo where it REALLY gets good. IMO it's the best part of the Darkside of Oz. The only part that REALLY stands out, I reckon. Everything else you really have to look out for and listen closely and have a clue of what to look for. This one is clear as day though.
Roger Waters did have an interest in writing music to match up with movies, I've read.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by Scourge
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA7bLBJBHJI

Here we go. I just edited the end of the Money solo where it REALLY gets good. IMO it's the best part of the Darkside of Oz. The only part that REALLY stands out, I reckon. Everything else you really have to look out for and listen closely and have a clue of what to look for. This one is clear as day though.

Lmao, that is pretty cool.

I'll need to watch all of it sometime.

-Matthew Arnold

Quote by Dinkydaisy
Lmao, that is pretty cool.

I'll need to watch all of it sometime.
To tell you the truth, I find the rest of it rather boring. I mean there's little parts that are cool to see, and I seem to remember the solo of Time working well with it, but apart from that it's nothing really special. There's HEAPS of stuff to look out for, but you really need a list of these things in front of you to pick them out. Probably most of these things you'd only see because you know what to look for, so you kind of "make" them work, if you get what I mean.

But yeah, that money solo bit I posted is definately the best part of the movie. It all works so well
Quote by Scourge
To tell you the truth, I find the rest of it rather boring. I mean there's little parts that are cool to see, and I seem to remember the solo of Time working well with it, but apart from that it's nothing really special. There's HEAPS of stuff to look out for, but you really need a list of these things in front of you to pick them out. Probably most of these things you'd only see because you know what to look for, so you kind of "make" them work, if you get what I mean.

But yeah, that money solo bit I posted is definately the best part of the movie. It all works so well

We usually see what we want to see. I'd be watching the whole movie with a list then getting all excited everytime something happened

-Matthew Arnold

Quote by Dinkydaisy
We usually see what we want to see. I'd be watching the whole movie with a list then getting all excited everytime something happened
Ya exactly.

Just like with the whole Stairway to Heaven backwards. I listened to the whole thing backwards but couldn't pick out anything, besides the occasional thing that sounded like "satan".
Once I read what I was meant to hear though it was clear as day.

I'm still yet to decide whether that message really is there, or whether it's just that my mind wants it to be there.
I've got some theories that seriously support the idea that it's genuine, but I'm not gonna go into it.