ok i started a band about 6 months ago and the bassist and drummer have stayed with me all the time, we play like punk/rock and a few things that branch off from them....at first we had a singer hu was ok but then he left.....so we got this other dude who sang for us when we played at our school xmas concert, then he left......we now have no singer......i seemed to have found a second guitarist in the process of looking for a singer but that doesnt help......i cannot find anyone to sing for us.....i can only find two people - one of which has asked to sing for us before and we said no because we had the other singers, and he didnt like that so i dont think he will sing for us if he is given the chance again......the other is my girlfriend but as we are like a punk and things band i dont think she would have the right voice......what do i do? do i accept either my GF....beg this other dude to come sing for us......or do i just say f*** the whole lot and quit the band (i wouldnt find another one in school)

and o yeah....we have already planned to do a charity gig in march for red-nose day at school, so if we are gonna do it we need a singer NOW so we have time to learn the songs
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
I suggest ask that dude that you said no to earlier, and just explain to him that you've already given the spot (although i don't know whether you did or not) at the time he asked.. and if he's not a total asshole, he'll accept your offer.
Blues Power
if its punk then just go sing yourself, you dont need a good voice lol

or like my band we have no singer and we're fine
Well, you could try singing, your bassist could try singing, you could bring in the other guitarist and see if he can sing, or you can ask the guy you denied earlier.

The girlfriend wouldn't really be a good idea, just incase you two break up or something, then it'd be extremely awkward.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Never, ever, under any circumstances, let your girlfriend be in the band.

Having said that, just go back and ask the guy. Tell him that circumstances have changed, and you'd be honored to have him as part of the band. Provided, of course, that he's not a total dillhole and can get along with everyone. Singers can be difficult, y'know.

Yes make sure if there is anyone that needs to remain consistent within a band it be the singer, because if he leaves most of your sound is lost. Which is why I'm glad I'm a singer. ^_^
Quote by Avalanchi
Yes make sure if there is anyone that needs to remain consistent within a band it be the singer, because if he leaves most of your sound is lost. Which is why I'm glad I'm a singer. ^_^

Not true
if anyone in the band can sing an play they should do it
www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Quote by RockerPseudonym
I think stone is either 7 or 14 lbs

Edit I'm gonna go with 14 because it's rather unlikely you're 56 pounds

Quote by evening_crow
sounds like....u need a...

BAND MEETING!!!