http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwRMYz1vfcQ

OMFG!!!

I rediscovered this show today when my friend youtubed it to show us something... and I just stood there thinking "HOLY SHIT!!!"

I hadn't seen Bananaman for over a decade, I had completely forgotten about it that whole time.

I used to love it, it just seemed so awesome back then. Now when I watch it it's just hilarious

Oh and also, just remembered this as well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Uib_Tkb_V8

I didn't have a signature until now.
ohhhhh, this brings back memories. this was the same era as puddle lane and t-cup or whatever its called. abc had some classic cartoons.
Punk isn't dead, its just been raped and molested
Member #2 of the Shihad fan club
Member #5 of the Incubus fan club
Member #3 of The Deftones Club
member #4 of the Australiana club
I remember him, he was in the Dandy!

EDIT:

Quote by millenman
ohhhhh, this brings back memories. this was the same era as puddle lane and t-cup or whatever its called. abc had some classic cartoons.

Puddle Lane! I never saw the cartoon, but I loved the books. I had damn near all of them.

Ah, I miss the nineties.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Last edited by Dinkydaisy at Feb 15, 2007,
Quote by Dinkydaisy

Bananama was the lamest cartoon in the dandy. Whats even lamer is that desperate dan dosent carry a gun anymore, and he dosent have a big chin and beard, because the creators of the comic thought this would offend sensitive gays who are a little too feminin to be a cowboy. I dont think he eats "cow pies" anymore either, theyre just pies now. Google it.

How come you australians are stealing all our BRITISH cartoons too?, I suppose you had skippy though
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Last edited by nick dixon at Feb 15, 2007,
Yeah, the 90s had some pretty awesome kids shows...

They were all so clever and stuff, things which adults could watch and enjoy as well, a lot of the time (you know, like hidden jokes only parents would get, so they wouldn't mind watching it with their kids).

But I honestly couldn't stand to watch any of the kids shows these days. I love watching some kids shows back when I was a little tyke though.
Although, that might just be because it brings back childhood memories

Oh, and Bananaman is from the 80s as well heh.
Well it looks like we've just discovered where David Firth got his inspiration for Salad Fingers.

That kid's voice is creepy as f*ck.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by Scourge

They were all so clever and stuff, things which adults could watch and enjoy as well, a lot of the time (you know, like hidden jokes only parents would get, so they wouldn't mind watching it with their kids).

But I honestly couldn't stand to watch any of the kids shows these days. I love watching some kids shows back when I was a little tyke though.

I know, the shows back then weren't determined to be 'educational yet fun' back then. There wasn't this BooBah and moral lesosns in every show crap, it was some damn fine cartoonage. Like Dexter's Laboratory. I loved that show. Though I can't remember what time period it was.

Quote by nick dixon

Bananama was the lamest cartoon in the dandy. Whats even lamer is that desperate dan dosent carry a gun anymore, and he dosent have a big chin and beard, because the creators of the comic thought this would offend sensitive gays who are a little too feminin to be a cowboy. I dont think he eats "cow pies" anymore either, theyre just pies now. Google it.

How come you australians are stealing all our BRITISH cartoons too?, I suppose you had skippy though

I never said i liked him in the Dandy
I was never a fan of that comic, Desperate Dan pissed me off.

-Matthew Arnold

I dont think you guys are old enought to remember Ivor the Engine, The Clangers, Noggin the Nog, The Magic Roundabout, Jamie and the magic tourch, James the cat.

Those programmes changed my life. Probably because they were all so heavily influenced by drugs.
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by Dinkydaisy
I know, the shows back then weren't determined to be 'educational yet fun' back then. There wasn't this BooBah and moral lesosns in every show crap, it was some damn fine cartoonage. Like Dexter's Laboratory. I loved that show. Though I can't remember what time period it was.
Talking about 'educational yet fun' shows that were awesome...

Quote by nick dixon
I dont think you guys are old enought to remember Ivor the Engine, The Clangers, Noggin the Nog, The Magic Roundabout, Jamie and the magic tourch, James the cat.

Those programmes changed my life. Probably because they were all so heavily influenced by drugs.

The Clangers were the bloody seventies or something. My mom used to love them.

Quote by Scourge

I know why I have a memory of remembering him from somewhere.

-Matthew Arnold

Quote by Scourge

WTF?! Captain Planet . That was most famous mullet on telly!

Did you ever notice he never actually saved the planet, just left the politically correct ethnically mixed planeteers to do all the work.

I actually had captain planet for the commerdore 1200 amiga. that game was AWSOME. I think i threw it away, probably worth a small fortune on ebay now

James the cat (best intro song EVER)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUMm7um2a-0

The Magic Roundabout (Best Theme tune ever)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3DcChXNyYQ
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by nick dixon
WTF?! Captain Planet . That was most famous mullet on telly!

Did you ever notice he never actually saved the planet, just left the politically correct ethnically mixed planeteers to do all the work.
Well, you have to remember they did only summon Captain Planet when they were in dire jeopardy, like they're in a really tough situation they can't handle so they need him to save them.

And I DO remember an episode where he like... used his amazing blowing powers to blow all the oil back into a leaking oil tanker in the sea and seal up the hole.

He saved the ocean that day.

Thank you, Captain Planet!!
An innocent cartoon thread has turned into a Captain Planet fanboy discussion.

Curses.

-Matthew Arnold

^Oops lol.

Okay, back onto Bananaman... my favourite part of the show was always when he made the transformation, and like... the intro and everything.

I loved the music in the background. And the transformation looked awesome as well
i remember watching this on ABC and absolutely adoring it

just how i remember it

EDIT: HITLER SURVIVED WW2!!!!

HE IS NOW DR. GLOOM!!!!! OMWAFFLECAKES!!!!!!!!
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
Last edited by Double Basser at Feb 15, 2007,
OOOHY MYYY GOOOOOD!!!

thats fuckin awesome. i don't know how, but i remember that show from somewhere...
Holy crap, my UG account still exists?
i have noticed a lot of cartoon characters from The Beano and The Dandy look like Hitler. Dr Gloom, Dennis the Menace's dad, the teacher in The Bash Street Kids...
X

"Just wait till tomorrow
I guess that's what they all say
Just before they fall apart"
I remember that!! and Bananaman! Apparently Joshua Jones was my favorite.

slightly off-topic but can antone remember a paintballing show called X-fire (crossfire) I've been looking for clips for ages but cant find any

~Rocker007
Quote by nick dixon

I remember all those, as well as other old kids programmes like The Herbs, Trumpton, and so forth. We have some of those old Watch With Mother videos that I used to love as a kid, as well as a Herbs video and ones that my mum had made froom recording them off the TV.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Quote by Dinkydaisy

I used to get the Beano, the dandy was my brothers.

Good times.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
^^I remember X-fire, it was on for a bit when I got home from school I think.
They had a team of paintballers set up against an army of henchmen and the occasional "boss", right? I seem to remember a thin storyline about aliens and clones as well...

Anyways, Bananaman was great! I went to school with a guy who looked just like little Eric.
Quote by Calum_Barrow
I remember all those, as well as other old kids programmes like The Herbs, Trumpton, and so forth. We have some of those old Watch With Mother videos that I used to love as a kid, as well as a Herbs video and ones that my mum had made froom recording them off the TV.

OMG! the herbs were legendary! *adopts nasal accent* "BAAASSSIIILLLL BAAASSSIIILLLL"

EDIT: I think the story line changed each week. I can't remember the Alien one... I do know the the last invovled a big nuke the sadly didn't go off

~Rocker007
Last edited by rocker007 at Feb 15, 2007,
Quote by Scourge

Lol this is great, most kids shows today are just politically correct disney channel ****.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Quote by Scourge

I remember Captain Planet

The kids had to get their rings together and Captain Planet appears!

But ever since it went off the air, Global Warming became a problem ... We need Captain Planet again!
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by paintITblack39
I remember Captain Planet

The kids had to get their rings together and Captain Planet appears!

But ever since it went off the air, Global Warming became a problem ... We need Captain Planet again!

And it shall be done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYFu__Q9ASU

Lol I remember....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHj7VDd8lw0
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Feb 15, 2007,
Quote by rocker007

EDIT: I think the story line changed each week. I can't remember the Alien one... I do know the the last invovled a big nuke the sadly didn't go off

~Rocker007

Makes sense... I just remember someone nearly beating it, they had to sneak round the warehouse with the alien dna samples in it but they got seriously had by the end boss
Personal favorite moment was one the team left and one of the "special forces" bosses boss in amulence with super-duper weapon of doom gun that fires 30 shots at once. they all missed team member got owned with the get-away van insight

And the female costumes... wow!

~Rocker007
all them cartoons scare me and remind me of charity shops. Dont ask why they do.
Quote by akack
We beat you 6-0 you stupid mother ****er.

"Nobody likes an unkempt shrubbery - The monty Python appreciation society"
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
For some reason I thought this was going to be about Eric Bana
OMG!!

Eric Bana = Bananaman?!
"I'll raise you 20 cock-stoppers" wtf?!
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████