im recording through a V-Amp 2 pro into cubase sx 3...but every note i play u can hear the pick hit the string and its really getting frustrating. What methods are there to get rid of it?

Thanks for your help.

lez
try a lighter gauge pick. also turning down the volume a bit on your guitar may help as well
Quote by Kurt-Corgan
In gr.8 we got into purple nurples so much that the school would suspend anyone they saw doing it. We had really good aim.
try tinkering with the treble, sometimes that helps with ressonance too
u cant spell slaughter without laguhter!

Quote by drew
look, lets not go into who drunk-called who, who threw what at who, or who put what in the freezer
Try moving your picking position so its not right over the pick ups, more in between them. The is also a spot in the EQ spectrum that is where pick noise occurs. If you have a Parametric EQ on Cubase you should be able to sweep through and find it, then cut it out with a drop with very high Q.
Yeah only trouble is, I've got five pickups. 2 humbuckers and a single coil in the middle so im kinda limited for space. but ill definatly give the EQ a try out
That's strange, I've never experienced that. I have an Ibanez S series with 2 humbuckers and a single coil as well and I've never had that problem.

Interesting take on the EQ too. I wonder if that will help with pick noise on mic'd acoustic tracks....I have Cakewalk and it comes with a sweet real-time parametric EQ - good call Crimson