I have an MIM Fender Strat and I've been using D'addario .011 gauge strings, but I tried a couple sets of GHS boomers to see if I liked them and they kept breaking so I went back and now my D'addarios are breaking too. I broke my d and g strings a few weeks ago, the high-e last week and today I broke my d string again. They all seem to be breaking at the saddle so I'm planning on getting some string saver saddles, until then I want to know what the best quick fix for a sharp saddle is (I've heard of things like using a nail file).
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
just pull the saddle off.(if u want) and get a 600 grid sand paper n sand inside the saddle.. that will pretty much stop the breakage... u wont need string savers if u do that... i did that like last week n i'v been doin my best to break em with no luck so far.

EDIT: 2 weeks even...
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
Last edited by cyclobs at Feb 15, 2007,
Personally i'd use higher grits like #800-1000 for smoother perception. After that, scratch some pencil leads on it.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03
Personally i'd use higher grits like #800-1000 for smoother perception. After that, scratch some pencil leads on it.

Crushed pencil lead and vaseline FTW.