I'm going to buy myself a mexican made fender with a humbucker. But the question is which one? There are at least three different models: Standart fat stratocaster, standart stratocaster hss and fat stratocaster. So if you could tell what's the difference between these guitars? It would also be nice if you could share some of your experiences of those axes...
im sure theyre all the same thing.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Those are all the same thing.

Edit - Well, the "Standard" part is the model of Fat Strat. It's definitely a nice guitar, though a lot of people think it loses that iconic "Strat vibe," so to speak.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Last edited by DaddyTwoFoot at Feb 15, 2007,
Quote by rhcp_freak
im sure theyre all the same thing.

Me too.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
Ok. I'd like to hear some experiences of the guitar then... How well does it stay in tune? Overall quality? How is the tremolo? What about the humbucker? etc... Thanks so far!
Fender Stratocasters almost always (from what I've played, and including my American Strat) have a tiny problem with the g-string staying in tune for long periods of time, but its not a big deal. I'm also a whammy bar slut, so part of it is my-bad. But otherwise the ones I've played stay in tune very well. Which brings up the tremelo too, it's alright, it gets some getting used to adjusting it (getting it nice and even on the back screws), but thats only if you want to be able to pull up, a lot of strats in the stores here are almost always set up to just push down, which again is fine if thats all you wanna do. A nice contoured strat feels great to play, and I love the neck. Quality, well, its a MIM strat, it won't be as good as a MIA strat, but a fender's a fender, and it'll hold up fine.
Humbucker is probably fine too, I've never really played many HSS strats (Technically speaking. My MIA strat has a Seymour Duncan Duckbucker pickup, which is a single-coil sized humbucker, and two noiseless in the middle and neck).

But anyway, I don't think you'll be dissappointed with a Fender.
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
mex strats are really good intermediate guitars. mines over 10 years old.

the stock humbucker is a bit weak, but it'll matter more, what amp ur using.

they were calling it a FAT strat up until last year. then they started using the term HSS.

make sure u get a new model.

serial number: MZ7******

M = mexican
Z7=2007

the 2006 series should also have the upgraded trem block, frets and shielding, but get the newest model out there.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Thanks for your comments (especially the serial number thing)! This one guy told me about a Fender Deluxe Power Strat: "It's much more well build and quality is as good as in american one's." Is this guitar worth paying the extra 30%?
it's not "more well built". it just has different options.

some people dont really like the power strats cause they break from traditional strat tones.

and no. it's mexican made. so that means it's made in the same factory, with the same parts as the other mexican made strats.

the pickups are going to be different. and maybe there are a couple of switching options. i would need a link to see which one ur talking about , but for the most part, it's going to be made the same as other mex made (MIM) strats.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

well actually the tex mex pups are pretty hot and the humbucker in the bridge can be switched to "acoustic" type tones. fishman power bridges are pretty neat.

it reminds me of the nashville power tele. (which i love by the way)

but its not a traditional sound. its a "hot" strat. ive got a hot strat, i use it for alot of stuff. not really a vintage sound, but pretty versatile.

ive also got a "players deluxe" strat. i like that too. i switched the pickguard, cause i like white with white. but other than that, ive been pretty happy with it.

how much is he selling it for? have u actually tried it out to see if u like the hotter tones?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

You know I haven't yet played any of those guitars but i'm pretty positive that i won't find that power strat at local shops so I would have to order it from some internet shop (or what ever ). I'll go and test the options they have in the shops near by and see what suits me the best. Btw the std hss costs like ~500-600 € and the power strat about 800€ (1€=1.3$). I think the std hss is enoughly good for me. The humbucker can be changed and the main thing is that the guitar is reliable and feels and sounds good.
^that's cool. tex mex or texas special pickups come standard in a few different guitar brands. including teles. so ask the guy is he has any texas guitars, u can try just to get an idea about a Hot strat before u buy.

as for changing the humbucker in the standard. dont worry about it.
i dont remember if we went over this yet, but

AMPS are where ur tone is. make sure ur amp is cool then upgrade pickups when ur happy with that part.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

good luck.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62