Okay, I live near Dundee, and have just been told by Sound Control (the only decent guitar shop in Dundee), that if I order the Jackson Warrior XT BK that I want through them, it'll take at least a couple months.

So, I'm going to have to look further afield. I've just emailed Bruce Miller's in Aberdeen, is there anywhere else worth looking at? Obviously the closer the better - Aberdeen > Stirling > Perth > Edinburgh > Glasgow. I'm definitely prepared to go as far as Edinburgh though.

As the problem with the Jackson was not with Sound Control, but with Fender dispatching it, I think I might need somewhere that actually stocks the X Series, rather than has to order it in... am I going to find anywhere in Scotland? Or is mybest chance ordering through GAK or Thomann, and forfeiting the bonus of having somewhere to take it back to if it goes wrong, etc?
Quote by adamrandall
ahh yes SRV. i got the intro on texas flood (easy) and then he's like twangledoodleblopdebloo dun dun dun dun DA dun DA and im like *dead*.

The Unholy plays a Jackson Warrior X through a Metal Muff

Squigglymetal!
There are a few good guitar stores in Glasgow. MacCormacks (www.mccormacks-music.com), Guitar Guitar (www.guitarguitar.co.uk), Merchant City Music (www.guitarstrings.co.uk), Biggars (www.biggars.co.uk) and Strung-out guitars (www.strungoutguitars.co.uk)

I think these websites are right, try other variations or google them if not.
always in the poo, only the depth changes
Cheers for the help . Unfortunately, none of those stock the X Series, so it's looking increasingly like I'll be ordering one in from somewhere. But anyone with knowledge of Edinburgh or Perth shops please advise
Quote by adamrandall
ahh yes SRV. i got the intro on texas flood (easy) and then he's like twangledoodleblopdebloo dun dun dun dun DA dun DA and im like *dead*.

Squigglymetal!
I think Sound Control will give you the guitar on finance so you dont have to pay a penny for the first year and you wont be charged interest. Although as soon as it goes over 365 the interest shoots up. At least thats what they do in Sheffield
Liberation Minister of the UK Price War Army. PM Felkara to join

Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
You idiot....you set your hair on fire for a dollar.

Did you buy some intelligence afterwards??
That's pretty cool and all, but finance isn't the issue. I've managed to get the £300 I need together, it's a matter of finding someone who'll give me the axe I want for it.
Quote by adamrandall

Squigglymetal!
Quote by TheUnholy
Cheers for the help . Unfortunately, none of those stock the X Series, so it's looking increasingly like I'll be ordering one in from somewhere. But anyone with knowledge of Edinburgh or Perth shops please advise

Sound control or guitar guitar in Edinburgh mate but their stock is usually crap and they are pricey. use GAK.co.uk
Go for GAK, don't use thomann as their great warranty deals are only applicable to Germany. If that's not a problem though they rock.
Guitar Guitar in Glasgow is brilliant. I honestly can't stress enough how good the shop is and just how decent the guys are in there.

I bought my strat from them a couple of weeks ago and they've gone way above and beyond the duties of a normal seller.
Terms and Conditions apply.
Okay, I'm getting the impression that I'm not getting this specific axe without it having to be ordered in. I'm going to email Guitar Guitar, as two of you have reccomended them, and maybe a couple others to see if they have the same problem as Sound Control regarding getting it in.

If not, I guess it's GAK time...

Thanks all who've helped
Quote by adamrandall

Squigglymetal!