Well, the Shred Forum has one of these so why not the Blues Forum? In my opinion, it would elimiate a lot of spam that goes on in the Blues Forum (don't kid, you know there is a ton). I wanted to make a thread about my refound joy with blues (i'm falling in love with blues all over again) but I didn't want to make a thread solely on that purpose, it'll be spam and a waste. So, I bring you, a generality thread on Random Blues Chat. Just follow **The Random Shred Chat Thread** if you are wary of what this consists of and hopefully, we can get this stickied as it is in the Shred Forum.

On topic:
Wow - you guys know i'm a shred/grunge fan and those who've known me since my joining in 2004 should know that blues is also one of my favourite genres. Throughout the course of the year, i've always had certain phases I go through. The majority of this year, I was quite into the whole acoustic pop-rock and country bands like Brad Paisley, The Wreckers, Dixie Chicks but now i'm finding my transitional point, so early in the year. After listening to Eric Clapton and BB King play, "Worried Life Blues", I find that it has rekindled my interest in blues. Oh, how I love you BB.

Discuss Random Blues.

EDIT: This is bloody great. BB is so popular. I feel sorry for him as a lot of his friends have gone: Stevie, Albert Collins, Freddy King, Albert King, Paul Butterfield etc...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TydWbnFLb1o
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by GoodNite_AmyLee at Feb 15, 2007,
Good idea for a thread! Anyway, just got an album by Jonny Lang and I really like it...it's quite bluesy/funky, anyone else knows his stuff?
Quote by TearoA
Good idea for a thread! Anyway, just got an album by Jonny Lang and I really like it...it's quite bluesy/funky, anyone else knows his stuff?

So far I guess I'm the only one who feels this way, but I think his voice is absolutley horrible.
Were listening to this while i read the thread.
http://atvs.vg.no/player/index.php?id=7628

This is a video from my favorite Blues guitarist from Norway, Bjørn Berge. He's got a very cool technique with the slide. Love his instrumentals. I find it facinating that he can make so great music with only him and his guitar.
Yup! But i thought that since it was a long since the last message in that thread, and this was newly opend, it would be a bigger chance to get responce here Shouldn't have posted in the video thread in the first place, but done is done.
who is everyone's favorite delta bluesman? i like blind willie mctell and of course robert johnson
Quote by SuburbanCowboy
So far I guess I'm the only one who feels this way, but I think his voice is absolutley horrible.

I've actually read that before about some live show he was in or generally his newer stuff... To on the 1997 album Lie To Me his voice sounds alright, though I'm focusing on the guitar anyways..
Quote by srv_king
who is everyone's favorite delta bluesman? i like blind willie mctell and of course robert johnson

robert johnson, especially for his vocals, not much the guitar
I live in the ideal spot for a young blues/jazz guitarist. We get guys coming in and out of town almost weekly, which is impressive for the size of the place. This summer, me and my buds are gonna go over to Clarksdale and some other early blues spots. I've done so once before and just the vibe that it sets off is enough inspiration for hours of playing. There is a restaraunt over in Clarksdale that Morgan Freeman owns and B.b King frequently visits it, as well as the Delta Blues Muesem. We couldn't seem to find the guy when we went last year but this time its going to be pretty high on my set list of priorities.
has anyone noticed that the unplugged "pride and joy" version it's not in youtube anymore?

so, if anyone has it, i'll be happy if you could share it with me
Quote by deluxity
has anyone noticed that the unplugged "pride and joy" version it's not in youtube anymore?

so, if anyone has it, i'll be happy if you could share it with me

http://www.dailymotion.com/visited/search/Stevie%2BRay%2BAcoustic/video/x7asa_stevie-ray-vaughan-acoustic

Daily Motion > You Tube
(anytime now...just wait a while until Google gets rid of the copyright videos...Dailymotion will seem like God)
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by srv_king

Son House. If he's good enough to influence guys like Muddy and Robert Johnson, he's good enough for me.
I just got KWS's 10 days out CD, it's amazing! So many great blues artists! Would you belive 6 people that they recorded with on this CD have passed away

Kenny is very SRV influenced at times, but I wouldn't say he's a clone cause he sounds very educated in other forms of the blues as well.

On another random note, anyone know any licks for jazzy blues?
Current Rig>>Jackson Phil Collin Signature Guitar/Ibanez Artcore>>>Modded Dunlop Crybaby>>>TS-9DXModded>>>Rat kit>>Octavia>>CE-20>>DD-7>>>Musicaman HD-120
Quote by GoodNite_AmyLee

EDIT: This is bloody great. BB is so popular. I feel sorry for him as a lot of his friends have gone: Stevie, Albert Collins, Freddy King, Albert King, Paul Butterfield etc...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TydWbnFLb1o

Yeah i feel sorry for B. but surely having lost so many friends, he canhas written some more blinding blues songs. I know i would.

But it is sad. but he will see them again one day and then i bet there will be one heck of a Blues session with all the dead dogs and everything.
You know the classic i woke up this morning my dog was dead?

And ive just remembered a joke.
What happens if you rewind a blues song?

You get out if jail, your wife comes back and ur dog is alive again.
crappy i know but i got it out of Kerrang years ago.
Quote by Quoteman

Look up Scott Henderson.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
to the guy looking for jazzy blues, joe pass has some. i recommend the cd called virtuoso
Quote by srv_king
to the guy looking for jazzy blues, joe pass has some. i recommend the cd called virtuoso

Where exactly do you find a trace of blues in that? Except for the jazz blues form - Blues For Alican, which isn't even very bluesy in his version imo.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Quote by Quoteman

A list of blueses:
Mr. PC, Now's the Time, Blue Train, Freddie Freeloader, No Blues, D-Natural Blues, St. Louis Blues
so...listened to john mayall with eric clapton today. Twas very good
American Fender Strat
1979 Marshall Superlead
Real Mccoy Wizard Wah
Robert Keeley Boss Tremolo
Euthymia Crucible Fuzz
Fulltone OCD+Deja Vibe
Line 6 DL4
Analogman BC108
Prescription C.O.B

Im a Single Coil man