Okay I really should know the answer to this, since my background is in the electrical field, but anyways. I have an amp that I bought for 5 bucks because It didn't work, but the 2 seconds it's on, it's a very nice amp, but the douche who owned it before me either didnt like logos and serial numbers or he stole the thing, cause any type of markings is missing from it.

The problem is the amp turns off and burns the fuse within 2 seconds of me turning it on. I looked for a short and found nothing, but im not sure. does anyone know how i might go about fixing this, im forced to use a Yamaha HY-10GIII, which is semi-decent, but not any good for some really sweet licks.

thanks for any help
Last edited by tftmc at Feb 15, 2007,
dude, read the whole thing he just said that

as for the problem, couldnt you just buy a fuse with like a higher rating whatever, i dunno a lot about electronics

or if you want to be dangerous you could just skip using a fuse and connect it with sumthing else, if it blows up though, its not my fault
Quote by sk8erguy171
dude, read the whole thing he just said that

as for the problem, couldnt you just buy a fuse with like a higher rating whatever, i dunno a lot about electronics

or if you want to be dangerous you could just skip using a fuse and connect it with sumthing else, if it blows up though, its not my fault

you shouldn't buy a fuse with a higher rating, that's just dumb, if you were to short the fuse itself, that'd just plain be dumber. I'm gonna repeat myself again and say that what'd be better is to check for any mechanical shorts (due to any bent, burned or busted part). If you can't figure it out by just looking at it, then run a multimeter at every node to check distance to ground/other nodes if you really want to find the problem. Then (if you know what you're doing), run the thing with the power supply on (and no fuse), and check the voltages.
Pictures? Maybe we can tell what amp it is by pictures and get you a schematic to check it with.

Maybe a bad power trannie? Is it tube? Check where the fuse and power come to the power transformer. Maybe try replacing it.