Page 1 of 2
my friend has been goin out with this girl for about 2 weeks and i just found out he spent €96 on roses (the flowers not the chocolates) for valentines day.
and here i am with €2 for lunch, no pocket money and i cant for the life of me find a job (he doesnt have a job either btw so dont say well he worked hard or sumtin)
I'm so unique I don't even have a sig.
Quit complaining. Work hard at your education and maybe someday you can be rich too. I never understand why people complain that other people are too rich. In a modern society like ours, anyone has a chance at becoming rich.

On a second note: Mr. Bill Gates has $53 Bil worth of assets
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

is the rich friend called ben and look like his head is covered in pubes
Quote by Eggmond
is the rich friend called ben and look like his head is covered in pubes

no...
Quote by No_Fat_Chicks
How old are you?

Quote by purplegreendave
no...

You 16, quit complaining about money. You dont even support yourself yet. He has rich parents, who cares. Maybe you can date him?
Quit complaining. Work hard at your education and maybe someday you can be rich too. I never understand why people complain that other people are too rich. In a modern society like ours, anyone has a chance at becoming rich.

that is the point though, it is only chance, just by getting a good education doesn't mean good money, people get pissed off because others have it a lot easier which is understandable in a culture based around luxury.. if you don't understand this, its because you've most likely had it easy.. not pointing figures, just making a generalisation..
Quote by MastaBassist10
Bloke is very right. Gooooo Bloke!

My friend has:

Ibanez JEM
Gibson Les Paul
Gibson SG
Gibson Explorer
Fender Strat
Fender Tele
ESP Dan Jacobs signature
Jackson RR5
And a 500 mile high Marshall

And he doesn't even play guitar. His parents wanted him to start, so they bought him an orgasmic collection.

I nearly cried.
R E G G A E
Quote by TheDarkestNights
My friend has:

Ibanez JEM
Gibson Les Paul
Gibson SG
Gibson Explorer
Fender Strat
Fender Tele
ESP Dan Jacobs signature
Jackson RR5

And he doesn't even play guitar. His parents wanted him to start, so they bought him an orgasmic collection.

I nearly cried.

I smell shit
im not complaining im happy with what i have, im just making a point that its a bit much to spend after two weeks, when ppl who go out with her usually last about a month
Quote by GoodNite_AmyLee

apparently he could give $7 to every person on the planet and still have millions left over!
Quote by sam b
apparently he could give $7 to every person on the planet and still have millions left over!

Billions left over.
Quote by No_Fat_Chicks
Billions left over.

nah, on the programme i saw, it said millions...
Quote by purplegreendave
my friend has been goin out with this girl for about 2 weeks and i just found out he spent €96 on roses (the flowers not the chocolates) for valentines day.
and here i am with €2 for lunch, no pocket money and i cant for the life of me find a job (he doesnt have a job either btw so dont say well he worked hard or sumtin)

My friend spent about 250usd in a month on his gf. 96 euros is nothing for a loved one.
Quote by sam b
nah, on the programme i saw, it said millions...

say around 6 billion people on earth, $7 each. Thats roughly 42 billion. He has 53 billion.

53-42=11

11 billion would be left.
Quote by Vedder=GOD
My friend spent about 250usd in a month on his gf. 96 euros is nothing for a loved one.

That's bullshit mate. You don't need to throw money at someone to show your affection.

Especially if you don't have a lot of money.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Quote by bloke
that is the point though, it is only chance, just by getting a good education doesn't mean good money, people get pissed off because others have it a lot easier which is understandable in a culture based around luxury.. if you don't understand this, its because you've most likely had it easy.. not pointing figures, just making a generalisation..

LOL. Nice come back and I agree, it does have a little to do with people having it easier than others. But no, I don't have it easy. My parents are uneducated immigrants from Hong Kong who've established a Chinese Restaurant and Takeaway (as with most Chinese people). Setting up one of these outlets in the UK, is seen as a last resort to us Chinese people. However, coming back to the point I was making earlier: in a modern society like ours, anyone has a chance. If we're all rich enough to have the internet, we're all rich enough to get a full education. My parents were poor when they were younger - I mean really poor, in Hong Kong. Now, my parents earn over £150, 000 a year and i'm being big headed about it and you want to know why? I respect my parents so much for earning that much, coming from nothing at all. I really, really respect my parents and as a result, I am determined to work as hard as I can to get where I want to be: a qualified lawyer, of which i'm half way through. That's it - no complaining. If my parents could do it, I can too and the threadstarter can too.

I hope you agree with me.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by GoodNite_AmyLee at Feb 15, 2007,
i do, but do you still not think its a bit much for a 2 week relationship?
Quote by purplegreendave
i do, but do you still not think its a bit much for a 2 week relationship?

I don't care how much you spend, as long as you earned it fair and square by working your ass off. All the kids who steal and vandalise who want all the girls, the flash cars, the big house and the new technology don't realise that they have the capability to get them without resorting to anti-social behaviour.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by TheDarkestNights
My friend has:

Ibanez JEM
Gibson Les Paul
Gibson SG
Gibson Explorer
Fender Strat
Fender Tele
ESP Dan Jacobs signature
Jackson RR5

I nearly cried.

I don't care bout rich parents, if you have 'em good for you. But that sorta thing I dont understand, shoving the gear up his ass when he doesnt even play guitar
Quote by GoodNite_AmyLee
LOL. Nice come back and I agree, it does have a little to do with people having it easier than others. But no, I don't have it easy. My parents are uneducated immigrants from Hong Kong who've established a Chinese Restaurant and Takeaway (as with most Chinese people). Setting up one of these outlets in the UK, is seen as a last resort to us Chinese people. However, coming back to the point I was making earlier: in a modern society like ours, anyone has a chance. If we're all rich enough to have the internet, we're all rich enough to get a full education. My parents were poor when they were younger - I mean really poor, in Hong Kong. Now, my parents earn over £150, 000 a year and i'm being big headed about it and you want to know why? I respect my parents so much for earning that much, coming from nothing at all. I really, really respect my parents and as a result, I am determined to work as hard as I can to get where I want to be: a qualified lawyer, of which i'm half way through. That's it - no complaining. If my parents could do it, I can too and the threadstarter can too.

+1
definitely!
LOL. Nice come back and I agree, it does have a little to do with people having it easiery than others. But no, I don't have it easy. My parents are uneducated immigrants from Hong Kong who've established a Chinese Restaurant and Takeaway (as with most Chinese people). Setting up one of these outlets in the UK, is seen as a last resort to us Chinese people. However, coming back to the point I was making earlier: in a modern society like ours, anyone has a chance. If we're all rich enough to have the internet, we're all rich enough to get a full education. My parents were poor when they were younger - I mean really poor, in Hong Kong. Now, my parents earn over £150, 000 a year and i'm being big headed about it and you want to know why? I respect my parents so much for earning that much, coming from nothing not all. I really, really respect my parents and as a result, I am determined to work as hard as I can to get where I want to be: a qualified lawyer, of which i'm half way through. That's it - no complaining. If my parents could do it, I can too and the threadstarter can too.

that is pretty cool, and if thats where you want to be then that is also good, anyone who has the determination to be where they want to be, whether it has a lot of money or not is a respected trait. somehow i got good qualifications from school and ended up a postman..... not sure where i went wrong...
Quote by MastaBassist10

oh and sorry to double post, but forgot to put a whole section in , the point is, if you work hard for the money, then not many people have a problem with you, its people that sit back, let mummy and daddy by them a car, force pay them with education that they don't really comprehend past learning it parrot fashion, have all their uni fees paid for, and then come out in the world with a nice 20grand car and a nice office job where they live the rest of their days in surbia voting for whichever prime minister is going to save them money by ****ing up the country.. once again no pointing fingers, just a generlisation
Quote by MastaBassist10

Everyone has a chance to become rich in the "western" societies. But some people start the race way behind others. Poverty is very real even in our society and it is hard to get out of. How do you better yourself when you can only afford to live from paycheck to paycheck?

What makes me mad is when 18 or whatever year old university students don't give a sh.it about their education. They party and live it up in the dorms and their parents pay for their schooling. They don't realize how good they have it. I am barely making ends meet while paying for school and the ovbious disregard for how good they have it is starting to piss me off.
Quote by holybassbatman!
Everyone has a chance to become rich in the "western" societies. But some people start the race way behind others. Poverty is very real even in our society and it is hard to get out of. How do you better yourself when you can only afford to live from paycheck to paycheck?

What makes me mad is when 18 or whatever year old university students don't give a sh.it about their education. They party and live it up in the dorms and their parents pay for their schooling. They don't realize how good they have it. I am barely making ends meet while paying for school and the ovbious disregard for how good they have it is starting to piss me off.

That is completely my view on education. Consequently, people in the "Funny Exam answer" didn't share my view and I ended up getting flamed to the maximum. I left as I really couldn't be bothered with people who don't care. Education is serious and there are no jokes about that.

Bloke: Well, I respect you a lot for trying your hardest. I don't care what your occupation is as long as you tried hard. I appreciate effort.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by purplegreendave
amylee, how do you do those symbols?
they're kanji right?

LOL. No. I'm Chinese and so those characters are Chinese characters to depict my favourite quote, "Not Settled!" from "Bus Uncle" - youtube it. I have a language pack installed on my laptop. The top quote says, "May Giy Keut" for "Not Settled" and the bottom quote says, "Ba Si-a Baak" for Bus Uncle.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

That is completely my view on education. Consequently, people in the "Funny Exam answer" didn't share my view and I ended up getting flamed to the maximum. I left as I really couldn't be bothered with people who don't care. Education is serious and there are no jokes about that.QUOTE]

That's too bad that I didn't see the "funny exam answer" I would have stuck with you. It's good to see someone else feels the same way.

edit - I can't be bothered to fix the quote thing.
oh, well kanji is derived from chinese characters, i was just wonderin cos im learnin japanese at school and i thought it'd be cool if i could type it
Quote by GoodNite_AmyLee
That is completely my view on education. Consequently, people in the "Funny Exam answer" didn't share my view and I ended up getting flamed to the maximum. I left as I really couldn't be bothered with people who don't care. Education is serious and there are no jokes about that.

While I did feel you other post, this is utter BS.
I'm very devoted to my studies cause I want all that badass stuff later in life, but jeez, dont take everything so serious!! If you don't know the answer to a question, whats wrong with writing something silly (my favorites: "extraterrestrians" and "James Bond")?

"Education is serious and there are no jokes about that."
roflmao

How uptight can someone possibly be?
Have fun! Life is sweet!

*n3rds"
Quote by alreadygone
While I did feel you other post, this is utter BS.
I'm very devoted to my studies cause I want all that badass stuff later in life, but jeez, dont take everything so serious!! If you don't know the answer to a question, whats wrong with writing something silly (my favorites: "extraterrestrians" and "James Bond")?

"Education is serious and there are no jokes about that."
roflmao

How uptight can someone possibly be?
Have fun! Life is sweet!

*n3rds"

I get criticised for being too serious and uptight about education. You can call me a nerd, it doesn't bother me. No one has the right to tell people that they're too uptight on education. Above all, no one has the right to tell someone that they shouldn't slack trying hard to get where they want to be. I take it very seriously and I would have thought, people would respect that.

Life is sweet and fun but who said it was easy? The sad truth is, you need to work hard in order to feel that way. You can't expect to have that without working one bit. I'm just glad that I understand that and have done for a long time. How can you expect to have fun if you don't work hard and become a slag living on council benefits. At the end of the day mate, I want to be independant.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

That's why I don't have a girlfriend, if that bitch wants to go on a date she better pay for her own movie ticket.

That money is going in my guitar gear savings.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
I say if he has rich parents who are giving him a lot of money, then you should be glad that he isn't just spending it on himself. Too many people are resentful when people spend their money lavishly. If I gave my son a bunch of money because I could, then I would be glad to see him spending it on flowers for girls. He could be spending it on video games. Or clothes and cars, as I do. But flowers for a girl? Don't be so resentful.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Quote by zeppelinpage4
That's why I don't have a girlfriend, if that bitch wants to go on a date she better pay for her own movie ticket.

That money is going in my guitar gear savings.

When was the last time your guitar gave you head?
Quote by GoodNite_AmyLee
I get criticised for being too serious and uptight about education. You can call me a nerd, it doesn't bother me. No one has the right to tell people that they're too uptight on education. Above all, no one has the right to tell someone that they shouldn't slack trying hard to get where they want to be. I take it very seriously and I would have thought, people would respect that.

Life is sweet and fun but who said it was easy? The sad truth is, you need to work hard in order to feel that way. You can't expect to have that without working one bit. I'm just glad that I understand that and have done for a long time. How can you expect to have fun if you don't work hard and become a slag living on council benefits. At the end of the day mate, I want to be independant.

You who says you can't combine hard work with humor and good times?

You can't expect to have that without working one bit.

I dont think that not being an uptight nerd and working for your goals cancel eachother out.

Yeah buddy, you're gonna be a real big shot.
Page 1 of 2