Yeah, am i the only one who doesnt have enough money for a guitar? seriously, i've been playing for 14months and all i have is a shitty firstact guitar and a crappy yamaha guitar, which arent even mine. They both are my brothers.

Dude.. This sucks..
No, you suck.
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, your eyes will get sore after a while."
sell your computer, in one swoop you can
1. buy a guitar
2. get the fUCCK off my internets
Last edited by Markieg3 at Feb 15, 2007,
Get a job like the rest of us. I had to save up for a long time to afford my guitar.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Quote by Markieg3
sell your computer, in two swoops you can
1. buy a guitar
2. get the **** of my internets

But learn how to bypass the fucking filter.
R E G G A E
Quote by Markieg3
sell your computer, in two swoops you can
1. buy a guitar
2. get the **** of my internets

Dont try to hard sporty spice.

Work, birthday, holidays, ect. Thats how I started to get gear. Or dare I say...get a job?
Ive been playing with a stupid encore for 5 years, but im getting an american fender strat soon
Honestly, get a part-time job. I got one this summer teaching guitar at a local store, and after about 8 months of saving, I have enough for this JEM I'm going to order. That's with very irregular work too - one day a week, and with as few as two students and as many as seven.
no
Quote by david_safc
Ive been playing with a stupid encore for 5 years, but im getting an american fender strat soon

cool, its good that youve stuck with it that long with a bad guitar, most people just quit
You put Bold tags around the word Bold?

Also, cry me a river. I've been playing for almost three years and I'm still stuck with a pile of crap.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
I've played for nearly two years and i cant ever save because i get charged by my parents for anything thats wasted (electricity/water/me/time ect)
Member of the 'Dr.Cox is my Mentor' group

Quote by Miggy01
I was kicking a balloon around, and kicked the back of my other foot.
I broke my toe as a result.
I have a crappy Yamaha guitar and I seem to be doing alright. Just be nice to your brother.
Your username makes me ashamed.

But yeah, seriously, the whole bold thing. Did you actually think it would improve your topic's title if it read "bold Am I the only one"? Perhaps you meant "Am I the only one?", but got your logic twisted? And this is quite aside from the fact that topics are in fvcking bold anyway
Quote by adamrandall
ahh yes SRV. i got the intro on texas flood (easy) and then he's like twangledoodleblopdebloo dun dun dun dun DA dun DA and im like *dead*.

The Unholy plays a Jackson Warrior X through a Metal Muff

Squigglymetal!
I used by brothers $150 yamaha acoustic for a year before I got a job to buy my bass. I just recently (four years later) bought a nice Crafter acoustic. As for electric guitars ... they aren't for me.

You should just get a job delivering flyers or something. Any kid can do that. If you really want a guitar you'll get up off your as s and do whatever it takes.
I'm about 14 months in also, still have a shit Ibanez and the 14w that came with it...
The neck's a stupid 22 fret which D-G-B strings goes out of tune easily, plus 18th fret G is just a dead note. Which is where I instinctively go ALOT.

But I don't want a good guitar untill I feel I've earnt it honestly, yeah it would be cool to have good equipment and learn more comfortably, but I want to play good on a great guitar, not sit there practicing on it for one solo...

My point is, wouldn't you rather feel you've earned it, what satisfaction is there in having a good as guitar early on besides practicing comfort - obviously there's a few advantages, but if you can sound good on shit you'll sound amazing on great
*shrugs* I don't know...
Last edited by Jaykib at Feb 15, 2007,
Im two and a half years in and really shouldnt have been able to afford my instraments. Basically I got them by borrowing large amounts of money from my parents (cut off my allowence now) and by dipping into inheritance money.

EDIT: Also by watching out on the internet for things going cheap second hand, got my amp for a quarter of the retail price (and was still in great condition)
Warwick Jazzman
Hartke 1415 140Watt
Boss Overdrive
lol i have been playing my ibanez starter guitar for about 2 years
who cares, im going to get an ibanez s470 next cant wait
I've bought myself a starter pack 7 months ago, replaced everything so far exept the guitar...
Just have your parents to buy new gear
Quote by _Tenacious_
I've played for nearly two years and i cant ever save because i get charged by my parents for anything thats wasted (electricity/water/me/time ect)

are you saying they make you pay money if you're wasted?

Save a drum, Bang a drummer!

Quote by Dragatear
You guys are REALLY strict. Worse than neopets.

Quote by Tyler Wright
cokesodanotdrug, your a bitch.
i was stuck with an Ibanez RG for five years before i got a guitar that didnt suck, youll live.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Can't you get a job?

That's how I got my guitar...
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~