Hey All,

I'm 52 and bought my first electric guitar 8 days ago. I'm frustrated already because it seems like I'm not getting anywhere. I know 10 chords, the Aminor and Eminor pentatonic scales, the A5, D5, and E5 diads, and a couple of exercises. Kind of sounds like OK progress for a week, but I was hoping I would progress faster. I'm not really looking for any feedback, just looking for a place to vent my frustration.

aaarrggghhhh

peace,
db
i've been playing daily for 8 years and still get frustrated, guitars not hard to learn to play, but its nearly impossible to master. the frustration won't end, especially after 8 days.
wow, 8 days,what are you expecting of yourself? guitar is not easy, dont expect to get anywhere in 8 days, if you know what you said you know, then that is VERY good for a week. and don't get so frustrated, playing, and learning, guitar shouldnt be frustrating (altought it is at times), it should be a joy.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will be at peace" -Hendrix
Why are you afraid? What can the world do to you? People can laugh at you, it will do them good-laughter is always a medicine, healthful.
a week?
for ****s sake learn some tabs n itll seem like progress when u recognise what u play
Hell, it took me 2 weeks just to get rid of the finger pain.

As an adult, it's going to be more difficult for your motor nerves to be trained since your neural pathways are already formed. It's going to take a lot of repetition to get your hands to do what they want. It'll probably be a couple months at least before you're switching first position chords without looking and smoothly. And don't try to overwhelm yourself with knowledge. Rome wasn't built in a day.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by db297
I'm not really looking for any feedback, just looking for a place to vent my frustration.

i don't mean to be mean here, but seriously... if that's the case, start a diary, don't post on a discussion forum.
from daylight...
...into darkness