So my guitar teacher (not realy learning anything but i go there to jam out with people ) said that he knows this guy (same age) that is atleast as good on guitar as me (not posing but all his other students suck).
He said that the guy has experience in most genres jazz,blues,classical,rock etc.

Im meeting him at monday to jam out and see if we could turn this into some band project.
Im not sure if he shreds but realy dont want to mess up when i meet him.

So, can you suggest some good soloing song/s for me to learn.
The shorter the better becuase i only have time until this monday .
It can be very hard but please dont give songs that have like 20 0000 notes, give some songs that have a nice riff going on with nice shred fills etc.
Little or NO sweep picking, i dont have enough time to perfect it.

Im practicing eugenes trick bag right now and i think i will nail it but not the sweeping part.
Play some blues, specifically jam songs like Little Wing and Voodoo Child. You can also play 12 bar blues.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Well , blues is not my piece of pie.

I would prefer something of the metal/rock genre. A short instrumental song would be nice.
BTw. The guy wants to play rock so yeah.
Quote by Evil_Magician
Well , blues is not my piece of pie.

I would prefer something of the metal/rock genre. A short instrumental song would be nice.
BTw. The guy wants to play rock so yeah.

Voodoo Child and Little Wing aren't completely blues. Hendrix is Blues Rock.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

I know , but i want something less bluesy (pentatonic) and more classical .

But i will check those out and see if its something i would want to learn.
I remember wanting to learn voodoo when i didnt have the ability.
Quote by Evil_Magician
I know , but i want something less bluesy (pentatonic) and more classical .

But i will check those out and see if its something i would want to learn.
I remember wanting to learn voodoo when i didnt have the ability.

Well, most rock songs incorporate pentatonics to be honest. For example, a well known grunge band is Pearl Jam and they are full of pentatonics. If you want something less bluesy then, try some Yngwie Malmsteen (one of his easier tracks like, Rising Force).
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by GoodNite_AmyLee
Voodoo Child and Little Wing aren't completely blues. Hendrix is Blues Rock.

He's really more heavy blues-funk
Ok, quite good suggestions so far but i realy want something of the shred/neoclassical genre.

And i repeat that i have to learn something to monday so keep the songs short.
Improvise dude.
The Only member of the "I hate people with huge sigs club." Don't PM me to join.
Thats what i always do , but i want to learn something this time becuase i barely know any songs.
It gets quite embaressing when someone asks you to play a song and you dont know anything good and just start playing eruption , if you know what i mean.

I realy dont want to mess up when i meet up with him.
I think im kind of worried becuase he might be the only guitar player that is actually better than me that i met in real life.
If he cares if you "mess up" in places don't even bother with him.

We all do when jamming. Just learn some little pieces of put together everything you know into a medley and show what you can do!

Also check out the song I mentioned above I'm sure your love it.
Quote by Jackolas
I get the impression thread starter you think your pretty good so...

Scarified - Paul Gilbert.

A nice piece.

VIDEO HERE - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPGA3vjMLgE

Finnaly a good suggestion.

Well im not that good but this meeting is so inspiring me to learn something very cool and hard.

I love scarified but as i said im no good at sweeping and i dont want to rush on learning this important techinque. I can some of it but its just to long.

Oh and i know that he probably will not care much but i realy want to get hooked up with someone. Its not an audition or something , im just exagerating it a bit but i realy want to be better than him .Doesnt matter how good he is.
Last edited by Evil_Magician at Feb 15, 2007,
I think a lot of it are string skips, as Gilbert loves those.

You could always take segments of the song and apply them to your own playing, but if you wanna learn a whole song by monday its probably not a good bet.
Riding Shotgun by Anthrax.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Anything BB King
Co-Founder of the Peace Club
PM me or peanut head to join.

there is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. my brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness.
Quote by Evil_Magician
Ok OK enough blues jokes.

I realy need help.

If you can't appreciate Blues music, or BB King for that matter, you don't deserve to own a guitar.

Improvise. It's probably the best thing you can do for advancing your playing.
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
why dont you write some of your own stuff? that would impress more than doing a cover of someone elses stuff. wouldnt it?
I just wanna' go home.
I've got the perfect guy for you:

Brad Paisley, a virtuoso guitarist. He's a mix between Country, Jazz and Bluegrass although he's mostly a country guitarist. Listen to this:

http://download.yousendit.com/FA5D346038199C83

If anyone likes Jazz or country, take a listen. He's a virtuoso guitarist who's deeply underrated. He did last years CMT with John Mayer.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Evil_Magician
Ok OK enough blues jokes.

I realy need help.

The first Mr. Crowley solo, I watched your vids, and youre probably good enough,

I dont know about getting it down by monday, but if you put in the hours I bet you could
Quote by GoodNite_AmyLee
I've got the perfect guy for you:

Brad Paisley, a virtuoso guitarist. He's a mix between Country, Jazz and Bluegrass although he's mostly a country guitarist. Listen to this:

http://download.yousendit.com/FA5D346038199C83

If anyone likes Jazz or country, take a listen. He's a virtuoso guitarist who's deeply underrated. He did last years CMT with John Mayer.

Brad Paisley is amazing
Quote by Jearl
Brad Paisley is amazing

¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by c0ld_3mphasis05
The first Mr. Crowley solo, I watched your vids, and youre probably good enough,

I dont know about getting it down by monday, but if you put in the hours I bet you could

Already can.

Damnit i have to write down what solos i know becuase i completely forgot that i know them.
Quote by Evil_Magician
Already can.

Damnit i have to write down what solos i know becuase i completely forgot that i know them.

post a video of it, please, ive heard about 2 people pull that solo off decent, and one was randy. Thats an impressive solo.

I also woulve said marty's solo on lucretia (megadeth), very good solo, but theres 2 sweeps in it, Not very hard ones either. Id say give it a a look, maybe improvise for the sweeps until you have time to learn them properly
I dont have the first solo down very clean.
The very first part (the repetitive bend lick) is probably the only one that i find annoying.
I just cant seem to to pick the notes right.

I have the 2nd solo down preety good. I play the very first part of it with tapping. I just realy prefer how that sounds.

I promise that once im confident with it completely i will post it up.
And if you say that only 2 people pulled that solo off decent , i better practice. lol

That megadeth solo is preety cool , i recall learning it but i will check it out again.
Quote by fenderfreak101
If you can't appreciate Blues music, or BB King for that matter, you don't deserve to own a guitar.

Agreed, I wasn't making a joke by the way. Anything BB King should suffice, seeing as that he's a God, and you obviously don't know what Blues is if you don't like BB King; like this kid said you don't even deserve a guitar if that's the case.

So next time young man, don't be a jackass and reject my suggestions. Respect your elders and their opinions.
Co-Founder of the Peace Club
PM me or peanut head to join.

there is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. my brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness.
Quote by cowgrl1nthesand
Agreed, I wasn't making a joke by the way. Anything BB King should suffice, seeing as that he's a God, and you obviously don't know what Blues is if you don't like BB King; like this kid said you don't even deserve a guitar if that's the case.

So next time young man, don't be a jackass and reject my suggestions. Respect your elders and their opinions.

I didnt ment to reject your or others suggestions but i clearly stated that im interesred in metal/rock songs.I dont have ANYTHING against blues , prob. a year a go it was my fav. genre.
I tought you was juxt joking becuase i said what type of songs i wanted in my first post.

Quote by GoodNite_AmyLee
Play some blues, specifically jam songs like Little Wing and Voodoo Child. You can also play 12 bar blues.

I AM 巴士阿叔.
Requiem - Opeth

Short and sweet.
Changed signature after 4 years.

Will take some time to make a new one.
Good idea siddy.

But when it comes to acoustics i will either play some classical piece (bourre is crap easy) or Dee by Randy Rhoads.
Quote by fenderfreak101

If you can't appreciate that not everyone enjoys playing blues, good sir, then you don't deserve to own a guitar.

That said, I do agree with you on your other point. If you want to impress this guy, improvise a solo (or make up one in advance if you aren't great at it). If you're any good this will probably be better than learning another solo.
Quote by gflip69
Someone called me on my landline (home phone) and asked me where I was.
this kind of question isn't really appropriate for the pit. you should try one of the guitar/music related forums.
from daylight...
...into darkness