what clean setting should i put on my a fender performer 650 vaccum tube distortion amp?

what settings should i put for my boss metal zone for a sweet metal sound?

and what settings should i put for my mxr ten band eq to boost up to a solo that can make those sweet shredding sounds?

i just want help to i can get a good shredding sound like children of bodom or rhandy roads or something.....cus i know the clean setting affects the pedals distortion, so i want a good metal sound setting then good eq settings for the solo
Last edited by grungercorners at Feb 15, 2007,
use the ****ing settings thread in GG&A please

oh and sorry to burst your bubble "sweet metal sound" and marshall MG dont belong in the same sentance.
TEEP!!! Oiiiiiiieeeeeeeyyy!!!!!!
Quote by Neon Knight
use the ****ing settings thread in GG&A please

oh and sorry to burst your bubble "sweet metal sound" and marshall MG dont belong in the same sentance.

sorry to burst YOUR bubble, but they weren't. they were two different sentences.

but yea i agree, ita gonna be hard to get a "sweet metal sound" with an mg.
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
Quote by sixstringsteve
sorry to burst YOUR bubble, but they weren't. they were two different sentences.

but yea i agree, ita gonna be hard to get a "sweet metal sound" with an mg.

wow, pwned
Quote by grungercorners
nah its possible

Then why are you asking?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Then why are you asking?

pwnings are going around like aids on this thread
dude. i just want as close as i can get man with what i have...sorry im not a rich dude alrite...i do have a gibson les paul classic....but damn...nice to see i can get some help around here....
Quote by grungercorners
dude. i just want as close as i can get man with what i have...sorry im not a rich dude alrite...i do have a gibson les paul classic....but damn...nice to see i can get some help around here....

Yes your not rich but for that money that u payed for metal zone and the mg you could get something much better we would help...but no matter what you do with an mg youll never get it sounding good
thats not it it...it all sounds good and all on the clean setting......what amp do you suggest then people?
Quote by Neon Knight
pwnings are going around like aids on this thread

Consider yourself sigged dude

TS - I can't believe bought a great guitar but a shitty amp. Ditch the Metal Zone right away, they eat tone like a fat woman eat cake.I've never got a nice sound out of an MG, but you could try using an outboard EQ and maybe a simpler distortion pedal. The problem with the distortion channels on SS amps is that they tend to overload really easily when you run a stompbox, so you get a shitload of uncontrollable noise and not much else. Most pedals sound pretty crap on clean channels, but if you run one with an EQ pedal you might get something useable, just make sure you don't skimp on the mids.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Nope, it's just one of those endearing characteristics of low-end SS amps.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by grungercorners
is there a way to get rid of the uncontrollable noise?

Not really, and delete your other thread in the gear section.
Dickless.
i just realized that i have a fender performer 650 vacuum tube distortion amp in my room!!! i have another amp thats so awesome.....u guys think i could get closer to gettin a metal shred sound tho?
Quote by grungercorners
im not deleting anything.

Posting the same topic in different forums is against the rules. Try again.
Ok, to not be a MAJOR dickhead like about 90% of this entire forum, put the bass to about half, mids to around 6-7, and treble to the same. Also, roll off the gain to about 8 or so. This should help get to more of a shredding tone.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
thanks for some actual advice dude.

and once again....im not deleting anything Yun.

ps. hey dudes i found a fender performer 650 vaccum tube distortion amp..think that will help???