what clean setting should i put on my i found a fender performer 650 vaccum tube distortion amp?

what settings should i put for my boss metal zone for a sweet metal sound?

and what settings should i put for my mxr ten band eq to boost up to a solo that can make those sweet shredding sounds?

i just want help to i can get a good shredding sound like children of bodom or rhandy roads or something.....cus i know the clean setting affects the pedals distortion, so i want a good metal sound setting then good eq settings for the solo
Last edited by grungercorners at Feb 15, 2007,
ill be more constructive than that last comment!

basically i used to have the MG 100WATT. its a nasty amp. shitty distortion the only way to get anything decent is with a distortion pedla IE Boss ME-50, i always used the MD-2 but im sure theyre pretty much the same, just give maybe 8oklock bass, 4oklok mids, full gain full treble (on the pedal) and crank up the 'Presence' to full.

but if i were you (and i was a year ago) id sell and buy at least an AVT
My Gear
Guitars
Jackson DK-2
Jackson RR3
Charvel Model 5

Equipment
Line 6 Spider II 150 Watt Stack
Jim Dunlop Cry Baby Wah Wah
Samson Stage 55 Wireless System
That's horrible advice. Why would you tell someone to sell an MG and buy an AVT? That's like saying "Here, let's swap this shit for some piss."
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
AVT is a hundred times better than MG, and if he bought an MG he probally cant afford a propper valve amp. the MG just cant get any balls out of it, at least the AVT tried to give balls!
My Gear
Guitars
Jackson DK-2
Jackson RR3
Charvel Model 5

Equipment
haha you've got a slating for mentioning that amp tho, and i cant blame them. it woudl be best to sell it if you can and upgrade, but try out those settings in th emean time
My Gear
Guitars
Jackson DK-2
Jackson RR3
Charvel Model 5

Equipment
hey id try out the laney extreme range. they are meant to be quite good and a reasonable price.

edit: if i were you set the marshall on clean then stick bass on full treble 3/4 full and mid 1/4 and presence 1/2. for metal no reverb and-the pedals suck all the mids out using the eq and turn the mids up on the pedal turn the output of the dist. to full and click off the eq for solo boost. thats what i do and plan to keep doing and it sounds great with my vox.
Last edited by mrperson at Feb 15, 2007,
Fenders arent usually considered metal amps, by anyones standards. But if its all you have to work with? Most metal usually has lots of bass and mids and super heavy distortion. I honestly dont know what kind of metal tone you'll be able to get with that amp, but just play around with it. You'll come up with something (*best Napolean Dynamite voice*) "Thats got a sweeeet metal sound".