I am looking for examples of songs in particular modes (e.g. "Song A" by "Band A" is in Ionian, "Song B" by "Band B" is in Lydian). Does anyone know of a list of these or give me some examples?

Thanks in advance!
Surfing With The Alien - Joe Satriani -> the main riff and melody in this is based on the G Dorian scale.

Wherever I May Roam - Metallica ->> E phrygian

Simpson's Theme Tune - Lydian / and i think For The Love Of God by Steve Vai is based on the Lydian mode too.

Mixolydian -> alot of blues music. Crossroads by Eric Clapton, the main riff is definitely mixolydian.

AND SO I WATCH YOU FROM AFAR

Quote by Morgy
For The Love Of God by Steve Vai is based on the Lydian mode too.
Definately not. That's E Aeolian and Phrygian.

Quote by Morgy
Mixolydian -> alot of blues music. Crossroads by Eric Clapton, the main riff is definitely mixolydian.
Not really. It doesn't all fit into A Mixolydian, or any scale for that matter. You could say that it modulates between A, D, and E Mixolydian, but that makes things much more complicated than just calling it a "Blues in A."
Psalm of Lydia might be in bflat or a sharp lydian modes, idk but u should check it out by Nevermore, if its not, then i guess i just over excited Jeff Loomis's pun-writing ability
Quote by stellar_legs
You know, Jonathan Brandis from The Never Ending Story Part 2 died a few years back.

Guess his story ended.....

BOOM!
Quote by B-Cup666
Psalm of Lydia might be in bflat or a sharp lydian modes, idk but u should check it out by Nevermore, if its not, then i guess i just over excited Jeff Loomis's pun-writing ability
It's in D minor (tuned down to Db), and he uses a lot of Phrygian and Phrygian Dominant.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
Definately not. That's E Aeolian and Phrygian.

Not really. It doesn't all fit into A Mixolydian, or any scale for that matter. You could say that it modulates between A, D, and E Mixolydian, but that makes things much more complicated than just calling it a "Blues in A."

Shit, my bad. I thought i read somewhere that for the love of god was based on lydian, but i must've got it wrong.

And as for the mixolydian thing, yeah, looking at what i said now - yep i'm wrong. i just didn't know any good examples of the mixolydian scale, but knew that you could use say A, D and E mixolydian over the different chord changes. ah well, thanks for correcting me.

AND SO I WATCH YOU FROM AFAR

Ionan: Blue Sky (allman bros), Eyes of the World (G. Dead)
Dorian: Eliz. Reed, Whippin' Post (allman bros.), THe other one (g.dead), Birds of a Feather(Phish)
Phrygian: White Rabbit (jefferson Airplane)
Lydian: Saint of Circumstance (g. dead), lots of frank zappa's stuff
Mixolydian: Fire on the Mtn, Dark STar (g. dead), Runaway Jim, Weekapaug Groove (phish)
Aeolian: Solo from Stairway to heaven
Locrian:? jazz and metal mostly
Quote by fenderfrk10
Locrian:? jazz and metal mostly
Locrian isn't really something in which you write an entire song. It will usually be used for playing over a m7b5 chord.

That said, the beginning of Rush's "YYZ" uses Locrian.
Simpson's Theme Tune - Lydian

Nope. Lydian Augmented.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
Locrian isn't really something in which you write an entire song. It will usually be used for playing over a m7b5 chord.

That said, the beginning of Rush's "YYZ" uses Locrian.

yea, i thought YYZ used locrian but i don't have the song so i couldn't say for sure.

As for the mode itself, guess what i meant is that half dim. sevend chords aren't normally seen in popular music. Most of 'em i've seen are in jazz.
Quote by fenderfrk10
As for the mode itself, guess what i meant is that half dim. sevend chords aren't normally seen in popular music. Most of 'em i've seen are in jazz.
Right, but I don't think many songs are written with Locrian as the primary scale.