Well heres the story:

My friend was having a go on my Ibanez and was having a play with the tremelo. Being a drummer, he pulled the bar UP too far and there was a horrid crunching noise that made me cringe.

Afterwards the stings were very slack and the tremelo had sank into the body. What I think happened is the saddles slipped forwards. Anyway, I put all of the saddles back so they look roughly like they did before, they still probably need adjustment when the intonation is sorted out though.

I've sorted out the tremelo now by adjusting the springs in the back and have got the guitar roughly in tune. However some of the string saddles now wobble, some more than others. This is what I mean:

This was causing a buzzing noise whenever I bent the B string.

I've taken the strings off now because they are a bit knackered and I'm putting a new set on. But I need to know how to tighten the saddles first. Those bolt thingies that hold the strings in make no difference whatsoever. Heres a pic of the back:

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers
The saddles WILL be loose without the strings, when the strings are on and up to tension the problem will go away by itself.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
you "THINK" the saddle moved. There is also the possibility that the saddles didnt move at all, in this case the culprit is, your wounded low strings have split (not break completely) thus rendering it to fall apart with the bridge sunk inside.

If the saddle moves, make sure you have the "saddle mounting screw" tight. Do not overtighten them.

Also, make sure there are no access strings left inside the string locker compartment/saddle. Restring your guitar and check the intonation. Edge III huh?
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
1. Did you say "knackered"?
2. Never let your drummer play your guitar
3. I think madpickin03 might be right. Put new strings on it.

also, check the body and neck to make sure nothing cracked.
Thanks for the replies.

Yes the bridge is an Edge III.
I took off the saddles, cleaned and lubricated them then restrung the guitar, and it seems to be better now, although the B string saddle does move more than the others but it no longer buzzes.

To Jaffaps2: I did take it into a shop and the guy had a look at it but couldn't figure out why it was loose. He offered to take it in and do a setup for £25 but I declined; I can do it myself

Quote by 6SecondFlatline
1. Did you say "knackered"?
2. Never let your drummer play your guitar
3. I think madpickin03 might be right. Put new strings on it.

also, check the body and neck to make sure nothing cracked.

1. Yes I did, where I'm from it means worn out.
2. Lesson learned
3. New strings are on as above, seems OK so far.
You do know that saddles arent supposed to move right?

If they move, your intonation would be hell. And there's no need to lubricate the saddles, only the knife edges.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic