Don't kill me if I spelled his name wrong. I was wandering what guitars he uses. I noticed he most commonly uses a sunburst strat and a white super beat up strat. What models are these strats? Either?

I am looking for a really good strat. I have a Highway One right now. Its nice, but when I want to upgrade, I'd like to know my options. Thanks.
he probably uses various American strats. I have an american and they are noticeably better than the Highway one series.
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
like Noah said, he uses alot of different strats, but he's got a hollowbody and i think he use's LP's as well sometimes, but don't take my word for it
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
Quote by noah22791
he probably uses various American strats. I have an american and they are noticeably better than the Highway one series.

You know the Highway Ones ARE made in America right?
doesnt he use a couple teles as well? I swear ive seen him play one
1# member of R.I.P layne staley club pm me to join
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
he has a 60's(i forget what exact year) sunburt tele. the thing is sexy as hell with cream binding. i honestly jizz my pants everytime i hsee him play it. as for other guitars. he has a Gretsch White Falcon, Fender Jaguar, Fender Mustang, Les Paul Black Beauty, and he recently got a Red Strat. all his guitars are to die for. he also plays two 60's martins for when the song requires acoustic sounds
I got a whole thread dedicated to John Frusciante, its on the first page of this forum. Oh, and he only uses strats from the 60s, so I dont think you have the money for a $20,000 (american dollars) guitar.
I was living a lie, now I'm dying to know the truth...
I watched him play a Les Paul live on a few songs. He has the big hollow body guitar in my avatar too. Oh, and the Mustang and Tele.
LOL
That hollow body guitar happens to be the sexiest guitar ever, the Gretsch White Falcon. About $3000 for one
He uses any guitar made from the 60s and before. So you're going to have to spend some cash to get the kinds he plays.
Sent from my iPad.
Okay, John uses a 61' stratocaster which is the sunburst model, and a 62' strat which is the white one, he also occasionally uses Mustangs, and he owns a 69' Gibson Les Paul. He runs his guitars through a 200-watt Marshall Major and Silver Jubilee. He uses a Boss Chorus Ensemble, Ibanez WH10 wah pedal, a boss DS-2 distortion pedal, and a Big Muff which is his usual. But in Stadium Arcadium he used a whole lot of modular gear, a Electro-Harmonix POG and Elecrto-Harmonix English Muff'n. He occasionally uses a Gretsch White Falcon.

If you just wanted to upgrade you could put EMG's on your strat their great guitars. But if you have $1600 dollars and are a die-hard chili pepper fan you should buy the Fender Hot Rodded 62' Stratocaster it's just amazing, you would have to play it to know what I mean.

I hope I could help
Last edited by Fenderman822 at Feb 16, 2007,
Quote by TheHobbes
Don't forget the red Jaguar that he used live for Around the World.

^ Everytime I've seen him play live, he uses the brown strat. Where did you see him use that?

But, John's best guitar I've ever seen is the Fender in the "Under The Bridge" music video. I think it was a Mustang, but it's been a few years since I've seen the video.
LOL
Quote by Fenderman822
Okay, John uses a 61' stratocaster which is the sunburst model, and a 62' strat which is the white one, he also occasionally uses Mustangs, and he owns a 69' Gibson Les Paul. He runs his guitars through a 200-watt Marshall Major and Silver Jubilee. He uses a Boss Chorus Ensemble, Ibanez WH10 wah pedal, a boss DS-2 distortion pedal, and a Big Muff which is his usual. But in Stadium Arcadium he used a whole lot of modular gear, a Electro-Harmonix POG and Elecrto-Harmonix English Muff'n. He occasionally uses a Gretsch White Falcon.

If you just wanted to upgrade you could put EMG's on your strat their great guitars. But if you have $1600 dollars and are a die-hard chili pepper fan you should buy the Fender Hot Rodded 62' Stratocaster it's just amazing, you would have to play it to know what I mean.

I hope I could help

He doesn't use an English Muff'n, or a POG as far as I know. EMG's wouldn't work to get John's tone. You have to get Fender 60s pickups.

Sent from my iPad.
He apparently used a Muffin in place of the Muff, there's some pics of it.

And his main guitar is a sunburst '62 Strat, and his others are a 57 Strat, 61 white Strat, probably another 62 sunburst(less beat up than his main guitar), an LP black beauty and 2 Martin acoustics, and his 55 White Falcon.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by DownInAHole.
^ Everytime I've seen him play live, he uses the brown strat. Where did you see him use that?

But, John's best guitar I've ever seen is the Fender in the "Under The Bridge" music video. I think it was a Mustang, but it's been a few years since I've seen the video.

Woodstock '99 http://youtube.com/watch?v=zGt6KFBFmAQ
Last edited by TheHobbes at Feb 17, 2007,
Oh yeah, and the giant white guitar he used often during the Californication days is the Gretch White Falcon. It was made in '53 and I heard it was close to 35,000 dollars.
How hasn't this thread been closed already?

*Reported*
Terms and Conditions apply.