Anyone know of a decent bass amp that don't weight a tonne? If it's even possible to get one?

Currently using a cheap TKO 115 that kills my back... need something that sounds better, and isn't a hassle to move around.
Portabass.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
They're all gonna be heavy if you're usin a combo.. I play guitar, but the problem is non-specific to bass amps. My XXX combo weighs a ****in tank's worth. My advice is get a half stack - they're lighter seperately than a combo is, and you can put the head on the cab and roll it.
deal with it, if you want big sound, you will have a heavy weight.

my stack weighs 180 pounds, lightest thing is the head at 35 pounds.

however, carvin has combos that are around 50 pounds. . .
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Mark Bass, I got a 400w combo and its only 30lbs. The company's website: http://www.markbass.it/
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
Get as many amp peices as you can.

Like 2 2x10s instead of a halfstack, Or a seperate Power amp and Pre Amp for a head.

It may take you a bit lonnger to move stuff, but the individual peices will be lighter than trying to carry a 4x10 combo.
My rack case weighs a little more than 100lbs. In addition to that I have a 412 cabinet and a 410 cabinet. Moral of the story, deal with it. Combos are pretty heavy, there aren't many companies that are building super light bass amps yet.
Most light equipment is really expensive. Epiphani, Markbass and Eden all make light cabs and heads.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
How heavy is the amp anyways? No offense... are you a weakling? (Frankly, take offense if you wish, but I don't mean it.)
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
get that crate thingy, it weighs like 20 pounds and works for bass and guitar and such
Stop being a wimp.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by Broken-pick
Stop being a wimp.

Not possible.

Thanks for the input guys.
Quote by silver26
Not possible. Thanks for the input guys.

When the chinese get into full swing with lightweight amps the prices will tumble, in the UK we've had lightweight power amps for years the only thing is that the UK made 'Chevin' power amps have always cost an arm and a leg.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
it only weighs 75 pounds... thats nothing really. If its too heavy then ask a friend to help. I have used a amp over 100 pounds and I just got a friend to lift one side of it if I have to move it far away.
Rhythm Harmony Melody
I can lift a 75lb amp, but for heavier items, I use one of those heavy duty luggage carts. The one I own is light collapsible and can tote 200lbs at a time. It cost me $45 bucks and is cheaper than a visit to a chiropractor.
my chiropractor is 35 bucks. . . . .

but just deal with it, or get a carrying device

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by tubadude
my chiropractor is 35 bucks. . . . .

but just deal with it, or get a carrying device

Damn, I'm moving south. The chiros in this area don't do an adjustment for less than
$70. My insurance at work will only cover 5 visits a year
Quote by anarkee
Damn, I'm moving south. The chiros in this area don't do an adjustment for less than
$70. My insurance at work will only cover 5 visits a year
I'm lucky I get back treatment free as I carry a War Pensioners exemption certificate due a back injury suffered during my army service.
G&L L2500
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
300 watt 15" powered cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
that just really shows your age, john

Quote by steven seagull
Quote by John Swift
I'm lucky I get back treatment free as I carry a War Pensioners exemption certificate due a back injury suffered during my army service.

Quote by tubadude

Hey John, just wait till all these young pups hit their late thirties / early forties and start feeling every inclement weather system in their backs and knees.
Quote by tubadude
I know, I'd like to claim that I was a hero like Rambo but I actualy injured my back playing rugby in the army (bit like American Football but played by men), then they found out that I played Bass guitar so I was drafted into the regimental band which in those days was a full time trade in the British Army.
G&L L2500
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
300 watt 15" powered cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by anarkee
Hey John, just wait till all these young pups hit their late thirties / early forties and start feeling every inclement weather system in their backs and knees.
When I was their age I thought everyone died at thirty.

G&L L2500
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
300 watt 15" powered cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by John Swift
I know, I'd like to claim that I was a hero like Rambo but I actualy injured my back playing rugby in the army (bit like American Football but played by men), then they found out that I played Bass guitar so I was drafted into the regimental band which in those days was a full time trade in the British Army.

playing in the band is still cool.

at my high school, the junior class's history class is "US history" and every year, they do a prokect called "King High Remembers" where the class interviews veterans from past wars (you can read about it here: http://www.mlkwolves.org/academics/veterans/ ) anyways, last year, i filmed it, so i got to listen to some interesting stories.

there was a japanese man who was a pilot at Pearl Harbor, and i also caught a bit of a story from a jewish couple who met in a concentration camp.

you may not have gotten anything that would make you rembered, but you were enlisted, (did you fight?) which by listening to my Grandfather talk about is time in vietnam, and some of the other stories, still is a kickass thing. even if you played in the band.

oh, and on topic, ummmm, start working out so the bullies dont take your milk money.

Quote by steven seagull
i hear good things about avatar cabs. and markbass has some light heads. like 6lb's light.
Quote by John Swift
I was drafted into the regimental band which in those days was a full time trade in the British Army.

In the US Army it's still a full time trade. I considered bass player for my MOS when I joined up, but since I'm only currently drilling as a reservist I would have to drive five hours straight to my unit had I gotten that MOS. Also, I would have been disqualified for not being able to read sheet music . However if I lived in Louisville, and I wasn't musically dyslexic....then oh yeah.....Army band for me.
Quote by tubadude
playing in the band is still cool.
you may not have gotten anything that would make you rembered, but you were enlisted, (did you fight?) which by listening to my Grandfather talk about is time in vietnam, and some of the other stories, still is a kickass thing. even if you played in the band.
oh, and on topic, ummmm, start working out so the bullies dont take your milk money.
Some of our guys went to 'Aden' for a spell but I was busy playing all over Cyprus where we were stationed, I took up Baritone Sax for the military marching/concert Band I've attached a shot of myself (top Centre) when we played a concert in the ancient ampitheatre at Curium near Limassol Cyprus.
Sorry to hijack the thread, Lightweight amps and Neodymium speakers are the way to go.
Attachments:
Curium2.jpg
G&L L2500
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
300 watt 15" powered cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Hartke 4x10 Transporter Series Best bass cab I've ever heard and extremely light as well.
Don't get a peavey TNT 1x15 if you want weight problems. Do you care if it has casters or not? Because casters make it easy to move even the heaviest of amps around.
Quote by X Alkaline 3
I dared a Jew to throw rocks at Hitler when he was a young boy..

Never knew he'd take it to heart like that.

iScrobbler

Psalms 62:8
Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.