Okay, so the band i'm trying to get together (at the moment me and another guitarist) have written a lot of material. We have written many kinds of songs, lmostly Melodic Deathcore and Hardcore, but also some Grindcore, Viking and Black metal songs, but I was wondering if you guys would find it refreshing or annoying if a band didn't limit themselves to just one genre. We definitly would be a Melo Death group, but do you think it would be ok if we had just a few other styled songs mix in w/ the rest?
it makes it more original
Quote by AzureNight
Don't worry guys, he's just bitter because he has a small dick.

Quote by Alexander_BR
You know that good feeling when you take a crap, gay sex is like that

Proud member of the Cardboard Mafia. Search "free boxes" for info.
omg y so many names lets just call it METAL?
"I can't live my life alwayz worried about what if....
cuz what if i die tomorrow and i never even lived!"
as long as you make it work it's all good in my books. i've never really been a fan of making music that's strictly one genre or strictly another.

good luck with it and all that.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
Scrap the Deathcore idea and go with Grindcore meets Black/Viking Metal. I think that is a truly refreshing idea.
Quote by LPIndin
our rythym guitarist made up the best rap ever. makes fun of the "milkshake song"

my breakdowns bring all the crews to the pit
and theyre like, "lets dance to this ****!"
damn right, we dance to this ****
I 2 step, windmill and spinkick.
A fresh idea which works and sounds suitable for the audience who listen to the genre's being crossed over is good. If your going serious serious, the sound has to be pretty fixed though, whatever you decide to do. Fresh, but same genre in each song.
Quote by zyxdragon

Learn to type properly.

There's different names because there's different forms of it.

Not that you'd notice, with a Nirvana avatar.
Yeah i wouldn't mix the genres in the songs. Well i'm glad to here most people would find it refreshing rather than agervating(sp?)
Quote by Disco Vietnam
Scrap the Deathcore idea and go with Grindcore meets Black/Viking Metal. I think that is a truly refreshing idea.

+1.

Sounds like an interesting mix.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
it does.....hmmm, i just don' t know what to do. Melodic Deathcore is definitly my main style but i do play pretty good grind and viking. I'll have to see what happens
Quote by Craigo
Learn to type properly.

There's different names because there's different forms of it.

Not that you'd notice, with a Nirvana avatar.

BURNED
I think if it was a natural cross-over, rather than forcing elements of each genre into each song for the sake of it then it could sound interesting.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Quote by the_astronaut
I think if it was a natural cross-over, rather than forcing elements of each genre into each song for the sake of it then it could sound interesting.

i agree
How can I keep Stability
On such shaky ground?
Prayers that a smile will flag me down.
Quote by Disco Vietnam

I'm gunna pretend I didn't hear that.
Quote by zyxdragon

I totally agree, there are to many 'sub-genres' of metal. I call it all metal meself becasue its simpler.