Page 1 of 4
If you haven't already heard, let me enlighten you, Chris Cornell has quit Audioslave. He's quoted as saying "irresolvable personality conflicts as well as musical differences," this coming a few weeks after the RATM reunion annoucement. This is sad cuz I personally like the group but it opens up alot for more RATM stuff! So long live RAGE!!!!
that kind of sucks in a way. i liked audioslave. but rage has and always will be better than audioslave.
if you can still hear yourself think, then it's not loud enough.
Wow.

And we didn't see this coming?
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
well, if thats true i am very upset. cant wait for the cornell solo album and the rage reunion though.
What?? I never saw this coming......a reunited RATM would be sweet but ...wow

Can't wait for his next solo album
dang
audioslave was good
but i preferred rage and soundgarden
but still!
dangit
o well
Quote by metaldud536
Because there is a bomb in the lasagna!

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
make loud howling noises and throw your feces at them whenever they bring it up, I suggest that your GF does the same.
Yes!
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
thank god.

audioslave was cool, im just not a cornell fan i guess.

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
Who didnt see this coming?? well I did and it is a damn shame and something good. Good for rage could get back together bad because audioslave was a pretty kick ass band!
1# member of R.I.P layne staley club pm me to join
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Although I own all of their albums, I could live without Audioslave. I'm much more stoked about RATM though.
LOL
^ Me too i used to be a hardcore fan now Im a "yeah they are good" type of fan yet revalations the song has to be their best song because morello doesnt wank too much on his whammy pedal *hey ill admit it and he is my favorite guitarist* and it just sounds so smooth and then the slow parts are chilling and the main riff and build up after the slow part kickass not TO MENTION THE CHORUS *orgasm*
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
^ same same! Exploder and gasoline are kickass songs and same with the last remaining light ill shit right there! Morello can be a kickass jazz guitarist shown here as well. Oh and am I the only person who thinks the song bring em back alive and the solo are really cool and good?
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
I personally think Chris Cornell might be a dick. I mean, two awesome bands, and then an abrupt break-up? There's gotta be somthing about him we don't know.
LOL
^ My dads friend met him and said he is shy and not talkative so yeah i guess your right there
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
That sucks, but yea Audioslave has been going down hill. Their Self Titled was their best but Out of Exile and Revelations were only had a couple songs I liked on them
GEAR:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412

Col. Catman of the KISS ARMY UG REGIMENT:
PM Sloopy to join up!
That really sucks. Audioslave is one of my favorite bands. I like them much better than rage.
Quote by reilly91
That really sucks. Audioslave is one of my favorite bands. I like them much better than rage.

Please tell me you're kidding...
LOL
Hell yes, c'mon Rage world tour!
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
Rage is Rage. Soundgarden is Soundgarden (or Cornell is Cornell -- whatever you want). Rage is not Soundgarden and vice versa. Sorry.

These bands that are Random 90s Act plus Random 90s Act just bore me -- they're answers to questions no one asked or cared about. Audioslave is alright, but I can do just fine without them.

And I actually expect Rage not to last all that long after the reunion. As much as I like Cornell and De La Rocha, they both have one problem in common: big-goddam-egos.
Music is a weapon. Use it wisely.

"So retire the ships, the final voyage was his ..."

Quote by kaktusnpoop (on Norma Jean)
I think they use Botch guitars tuned to drop Botch.
I couldn't be happier about this news, honestly. Audioslave has gradually gone downhill over the last couple of years, and that hill was never very high to begin with. Audioslave was the epitome of a whole being less than the sum of its parts. The only thing to do now is forget they ever existed and wait with baited breath for the Rage reunion and inevitable tour that's to follow.
I'd rather have Cornell do something different from Audioslave, because well Audioslave was good, but I think Cornell can do much better, wether he is a dick or not is beside the point. And I really don't like RATM, you can think about that whatever you will, but I really dislike them.
This still sucks y'all. I'm glad I saw them in Dallas this past year. They kicked ass, "on the real, yo"
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
Really dissappionted but i knew it was coming. I love audioslave's first album, every song was a winner, i do admit the other 2 were not as good.
I dont really know about a new rage album, i love them and all but their first 3 albums were unbelieveable, i cant see them living up to that.
i can't say this will effect my life all that much.
Cream fan club member #11.
might just be me, but if rage were to reunite and write new material, chances are it wouldn't be very good. rage were good because it consisted of 4 angry men; morello, wilks and timmy have mellowed out a fair bit (just listen to any audioslave song). if de la rocha is the only one to have the same anger and energy they had before the breakup, any new material will be somewhat sub-par.

Maybe now RATM will reunite and tour with Tool in their upcoming US tour!

/wishful thinking.
Quote by reilly91

Me too, I don't like the overly political rap stuff in Rage songs, although I do like a lot of the riffs.
My Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom - Alpine White
Vox AD30VT
Epiphone SG Special - Black
Planet Waves Cables
Levy's Strap
Dunlop .70 Picks
Quote by TheWretched

/wishful thinking.
Maybe RAtM, Tool, the Smashing Pumpkins, Muse, Pearl Jam, Iron Maiden, and Incubus can all do a tour!

/delusional thinking.
Quote by TheWretched

/wishful thinking.

Electric Sheep?

^Hmm..well, I hadn't thought of Electric Sheep, but why not? They can have a little jam before their actual sets, right?
chris cornell was only good before he busted his ****ing vocal chords......
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
i personally think Chris Cornell is a bit of an idiot.i loved audioslave,not so much soundgarden,but ratm will be a lot better now i think.
Quote by TheWretched
^Hmm..well, I hadn't thought of Electric Sheep, but why not? They can have a little jam before their actual sets, right?

How about a show at random?

Page 1 of 4