Ok so I've finally decide I want to try and lear some scales to do some improv or something but I'm extremely confused by this.

I read that if you start a scale on a G note, it's a G major scale, if you start it on a C, it's a C major, so on and so forth. I don't understand what scales I'm gonna need for soloing. Does your scale have to match your backing track? Is there any way I can tell what order of notes I'll need for a certain scale and figure them out for myself....I don't have the paper to print them all!!! I'm soo confused with this...if anyone can understand what I'm saying please give me some advice or a link to a site that can help....

thanks.

rock on l..l,
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Oh lol sorry I didnt notice that one......

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Oh lol sorry I didnt notice that one......

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
IN essence, yes, of course your solo must match your backing track or it will sound like wank!