Right, how the fuck do I get cubase to play MIDI? Why can't they set up their program so it actually works for fuck's sake.

Also, how do I get it to output from my computer speakers? At the moment it seems to go through my PreSonus Inspire and through that output. I don't want that.

Lastly, why does everything so damn bassy when it goes through my computer speakers? I can play music and stuff in WMP and it sounds fine, but when I start using recording programs like Audacity and Cubase, things sound really bassy, but fine when I use my amp as a moniter. I'm really confused.

Thanks in advance for any help on any of those three things.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Right, how the **** do I get cubase to play MIDI? Why can't they set up their program so it actually works for ****'s sake.

You sound angry.

First, setting up a computer recording rig is not easy the first time. If you get pissed every time, you will have a heart attack at an early age.... Sometimes, you've just got a bend over in the prison shower and take for a little while. It sucks!! ha ha

Now that the ass pounding is over, we can get down to business.

Right, how the **** do I get cubase to play MIDI? Why can't they set up their program so it actually works for ****'s sake.

Their program works great when you set it up correctly. The problem is the program has to work on Windows, 10,000,000 different computer models, with 10,000,000 different viruses, and screwed up file systems.

Have you read the manual? All of this is covered in the manual.

Also, how do I get it to output from my computer speakers? At the moment it seems to go through my PreSonus Inspire and through that output. I don't want that.

I'd recommend that you use the Inspire's outputs, if possible. The latency is going to be extreme with your stock soundcard. (This is one of the main reasons of buying a real deal recording soundcard in the first place).

If you really want to use your stock soundcard, click F4 and change the outputs to whatever you want. You may need to go into control panels and change your default soundcard back to the stock soundcard.

Brandon
Lastly, why does everything so damn bassy when it goes through my computer speakers? I can play music and stuff in WMP and it sounds fine, but when I start using recording programs like Audacity and Cubase, things sound really bassy, but fine when I use my amp as a moniter. I'm really confused.

Okay, so you are saying that if you rip a song onto your computer and play it Media Player it sounds fine, but if you import that song into Audacity or Cubase, it sounds bassy. Is this correct?

If this is the case, something is drastically wrong.

Brandon
If the excessive bass is present in your own recordings, then it is bass you have recorded in excess - use a different mic technique and record less bass, or cut the low band of EQ in Cubase.
Top 5:
1) Only The Cool Climb - Tj1
2) My Favorite Dress - ~King_Of_Foolz~
3) She Once Was My Playmate - Tj1
4) Lovers Lullaby - KOF
5) Cold Dark Room - Ditda