yeah, so i play guitar in my school's jazz band. for one of our songs, i need to play acoustic and electric. so last week i brought in my acoustic and used it, no prob. this was on friday, so i figured i could just leave it there in its case, which is what i did. i put it away in the corner by the other guitars, zipped in its case, propped up against the wall. i came into school yesterday morning for jazz band, and when we got to the song, i went to grab my acoustic. i find the guitar on the floor, case half unzipped, with the headstock snapped OFF the fucking neck. is there ANY way i can make my band director pay to replace it? is he liable since it's his band room? am i totally fucked?
I will fuc
you fail at titles.

edit: you fixed it. i'll take your post seriously now.

*reading*

edit: the sequal: you're ****ed.
Last edited by unplugtheradio at Feb 15, 2007,
VBulletin tags don't work on thread titles.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
dude, that sucks. you should have taken it home. i would have
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
On one hand you left it AND told him nothing, making you responsible for YOUR OWN BELONGINGS. On the other hand, that could have been school equipment for all that person who snapped off the neck knew. But...you didn't tell him so....you're screwed, sorry mate.
I've found Jesus
Don't ever leave anything valuable alone at a school for any length of time. There are some f*ing sh**tty kids there
If he doesn't want to pay for it you're not going to be able to make him. Just talk to him, don't get all pissy at him.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
That sucks severely.

Take one of your teachers guitars or something. Who ever did that must have known it was your guitar, unless of course the snapping of headstocks happens to alot of guitars in there.
I have to leave my amp in the band room tomarrow since a friend is using it.

I'm worried now...........

Sorry dude, just try to find out who the **** that did that and beat the crap out of him.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Wow, dude. That sucks. And that's also why I don't trust anyone at my school enough to leave expensive things around.

But seriously, I think he can only be liable if he told you to leave it there. I'm sure he told you to leave your guitar stuff in the corner, so you might be able to get him to pay for it. Just remind him that he's paying with the school's money, and not his own, and that it's his fault and what not. If the guilt trip doesn't work, just get all sad and teary and whatnot. And if the pity thing doesn't work either, the get violent.
this is ironic. for my school's jazz band I always leave my nice start in a closet that gets locked up. however everytime i get it for class the next morning, it is always in a different spot the next time. I have a sneeking suspicion people are playing it. Now I am putting it in my instructors office since he always locks that up.
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul

edit: it was like $300, but i've had it for all 4 years i've been playing. the fretboard actually has bubbled fingermarks on every fret because of how acidic my sweat is.
I will fuc
Last edited by saintjimmy99 at Feb 15, 2007,
Quote by saintjimmy99
yeah, so i play guitar in my school's jazz band. for one of our songs, i need to play acoustic and electric. so last week i brought in my acoustic and used it, no prob. this was on friday, so i figured i could just leave it there in its case, which is what i did. i put it away in the corner by the other guitars, zipped in its case, propped up against the wall. i came into school yesterday morning for jazz band, and when we got to the song, i went to grab my acoustic. i find the guitar on the floor, case half unzipped, with the headstock snapped OFF the fucking neck. is there ANY way i can make my band director pay to replace it? is he liable since it's his band room? am i totally fucked?

Just tell him that without it you can't play. And if he finds someone, just tell him to fuck himself.
pics nigga pics.

and if u told the teacher that it was there then i would say he was responsible.

but if u just left it there hoping for the best ur f*cked.
I don't think he has to pay for it seeing as it's your property, and places usually have some kind of rule that they can't be held responsible for theft,damage etc of personal items. so i think you're pretty much ****ed, unless your school is nice to people
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
music teachers get a budget to pay for every day class expences, you could ask him to dip into this cash he's given to help you pay for a new one. This might not work, but my music teacher would be cool about this kind of stuff, I went to a small school so he'd have alot of cash left over in the budget so if I needed new strings or anything he'd buy me a set, if this sort of thing happened he'd probably help me out. But this isn't the same situation so all I can say is good luck.
Quote by Dewy141
pics nigga pics.

and if u told the teacher that it was there then i would say he was responsible.

but if u just left it there hoping for the best ur f*cked.

he posted pics you dickhole.
I've found Jesus
Also, see if they can meet you at least halfway if you can't get them to pay for it all.
Can't you just replace the neck? Or doesn't your guitar have a way to replace the neck?

If the latter I'd just tell your teacher and if he can't help then your fu.cked.
Go to the gear building and customizing section, they deal with this shit everyday!!
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
I've seen damage like this before, an ass load of glue and a couple fat screws and it should hold up. maybe...
Quote by Contraband
he posted pics you dickhole.

wow man chill out, i didnt see them. its not like i was harrassing the guy.
Quote by saintjimmy99

edit: it was like $300, but i've had it for all 4 years i've been playing. the fretboard actually has bubbled fingermarks on every fret because of how acidic my sweat is.

Wow they snapped the head off? i thought you meant the whole neck
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!