Anyone get to smash their guitar? i mean, i wouldnt want to because it'd be one less guitar i have but it'd be kool. but when i have like 5guitars i'll probsbly smash my shitty one.
I've smashed some cheap ass Squier before.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
I'll only smash shitty guitars which i'ld use to play the last song for my gig and end the song smashing the guitar and ruining the whole set up in a big moshpit!!
I take the strings off before I smash my guitars. I usually go through about 2 a week. It's mad fun.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
It's a great way to close a set, if not a little cliche.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
i think its a total waste of guitars man! if you found one for say 50$ at a pawn shop and really had nothing else to spend your money on i cant see why not, but come on!
Why would you ruin a perfectly good instrument? Unless it was like, hopelessly ****ed up beyond repair or something I would never do that.
We had this old acoustic which i broke bit by smacking my drummer with it (he nicked my marshmallows) so we just took i to the pakr and I smashed it, fun as hell
I have five guitars and I wouldn't want to smash any of them, respect the guitar man, you could take that guitar you would smash and give it to some kid who can't afford a guitar...
I've heard a bunch of people say "use a cheap guitar at the end of the set and smash it." but then why would you want the last song in your set to sound like sh*t? But if I was gonna do it I'd much rather light the thing on fire while is was still jacked in - Hendrix style.
Your such a liar. You dont have 5, you posted a thread eairliar about how you had 2, which are your brothers.

And they were both shitty.
Quote by unholy_love
Anyone get to smash their guitar? i mean, i wouldnt want to because it'd be one less guitar i have but it'd be kool. but when i have like 5guitars i'll probsbly smash my shitty one.

clearer?
Quote by lefty_strat_str
Only buy guitars that have had their wood harvested from the north side of the tree, during the summer solstice, by virgin druids suffering from dwarfism. Next stupid question, please.
I've smashed a few before. They were all wrecked to shit anyway, and it was quite fun
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
I once smashed my squier on stage, as I was planning on getting a new neck for it anyway. Turns out it forced one of the knobs inside the body, but at the time I didn't know what they did anyway.
Dickless.
Quote by KryptNet
I've heard a bunch of people say "use a cheap guitar at the end of the set and smash it." but then why would you want the last song in your set to sound like sh*t? But if I was gonna do it I'd much rather light the thing on fire while is was still jacked in - Hendrix style.

Or even better... light it on fire and throw it into the mosh pit
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
my friend dropped his old bass out of his third story window to the empty driveway below.

What a beautiful mess that was.
Quote by dann_blood
Stars are Blind - Paris Hilton. I heard that and set me off on a destructive rampage for weeks.

Quote by FearTheD
i want him to ride his magical roll of USPS stickers to Valhalla
When I was like 10 years old I smashed an acoustic guitar on my friends head when wrestling. Knocked him out.
Unless it totally broken anyway I wouldn't smash it, plus I'd hae to put up with it through one song, just to smash at the end. Not really worth it.

The school guitars, however, I'll happily destruct. They're awful anyway, none have all the strings, and the necks are so warped you wouldn't believe it.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
i tryed to smash a guitar once... but it just flew up right back into my face and smashed me
I'd be afraid it wouldnt break and then I'd have a ****ed up lookin guitar.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
I have a guitar that was found in a dump which had some problems, got kinda fixed but is still pretty messed up I'll probably put some old strings on and smash it up some day. Maybe film it and do it dressed like a ninja with fire and stuff
Smashing guitars is stupid. Even Squiers deserve n00b owners rather than heartless, cruel, neglective owners who smash them up.

So give to the poor.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
I'd rather give a guitar to someone in the audience. How awesome would it be if in 20 years time you hear about a famous guitarist getting their first guitar at your show?
A true guitarist treats his guitar like his penis
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by urik

Sticks it wierd places and abuses it nightly?
My Stuffs:
-ZZ Ryder Empire (with Wilkinson trem.)
-Marshall Lead 12
-Ibanez Metal Screamer
-Zoom 505ii (was only $15, and came with an skb case)
-Crate FXT120
Quote by MetalMilitia212
I once smashed my squier on stage, as I was planning on getting a new neck for it anyway. Turns out it forced one of the knobs inside the body, but at the time I didn't know what they did anyway.

Right... you were on stage with a guitar, I get that bit.

But you didn't know what the knobs were for!?! Seriously, how did you end up on stage with an instrument you knew so very little about?

Owned.

P.S. It was a little plastic guitar for 4 year olds, no biggie!
Quote by SynGates7X

you are indeed mr. awesome.

Quote by Duane_Allman
eckmann88 you sir are a god.

Quote by SavageNights
Oh, you're so damn shallow, eckmann88. They have nice boobs, don't they?

Quote by DraketheFake
good job eckman, seriously, that last one alone would give me an eternal erection!

Help
Space
Quote by urik

Well, I doubt I'd ever put my guitar in a girl, or play it in the shower...

and the main difference I can see is that UG gets one of them lots of action, and the other misses out
Quote by snow blind
i tryed to smash a guitar once... but it just flew up right back into my face and smashed me

lmfao, thats the funniest thing ive read all day
but on topic, if i had an extra guitar i didn't need, then sure, but seeing as how i don't and I'm trying to save up for a decent guitar...nope =)

Edit: I think i'm going to sig that
Last edited by gatewaytobeyond at Feb 15, 2007,
I would never smash any guitars I have right now, but if I wanted to smash one Id buy a cheap one solely for the purpose of playing a show and then smashing it.
i agree with what was said early, why would you play your last song with a shitty guitar and ruin the song?
Member #4 of the I hate "only" threads group

Quote by snow blind

Quote by Kiffa
Surely you can shove a wireless into an effects board, run about, stop and make weird noises, run again.