How do people go like really fast ont the guitar is it alternate picking or are they just going really fast
"danzig-_- "says Dargonforce isnt cool. Well he can suck my balls
Osbourne described Rhoads' playing as "God entering my life."
My Gear
Gibson SG standard
Marshall 50 watt amp
Gibson Les Paul
well if you like herman li, you would know that hes japanese. he inventented a machine that makes him play fast and also helps him crunch numbers.
you can't just "go fast". People practice their picking for years to be able to play fast.
Get hold of a metronome and start off slow, then speed up. Get a hold of Speed Mechanics for Lead Guitar by Troy Stetina and practice practice practice. I have had that book for ages and it is only now after 2 years playing almost I am realising the importance of keeping a steady beat, sure I can play fast but put me with a drummer...I would suck major (and minor!).
three words,,,practice,,,practice,,,practice,,,, songs (shred and thrash metal like trivium are particularly good for speed) finger exercises etc etc all with a metronome.
beleive me it speeds you up no end. Like for example I've been learning properly for about 6-7 months now and I could barely move when I started but now I can do 75 beats per minute in 16ths,,,,

So in summary,,use a metronome!!! lol
not to sound stupid but whats a metronome
"danzig-_- "says Dargonforce isnt cool. Well he can suck my balls
Osbourne described Rhoads' playing as "God entering my life."
My Gear
Gibson SG standard
Marshall 50 watt amp
Gibson Les Paul