Poll: Worth it?
Poll Options
View poll results: Worth it?
Yes
14 58%
No
10 42%
Voters: 24.
would it be worth my while to do some swappage?

i want to get a humbucker, and strip out the mid pickup in my strat. i would put the HB in the bridge. leaving a HS set-up. this is my all time favorite set-up. i have a '51, thats why i like it. i play metal, thrash, rock and classic rock.

i know, the killing the strats tone thing, but IMO, strats tone is from the wood.

id be getting GFS pickups. and yes i know, id need a 3-way.

thank you!
A lot of the Strat's tone is the single coil. With that setup though, you could get harder and heavier tones more easily with the humbucker.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
did you mean HSS or are you gonna get rid of the middle single coil aswell?
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
Quote by twistedmaggot
did you mean HSS or are you gonna get rid of the middle single coil aswell?

im going to rip out the single coil in the mid.
The neck and middie pickup together creates one of the strats best tones IMO i wouldnt take out the middle pickup.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Quote by ScottishAngus
The neck and middie pickup together creates one of the strats best tones IMO i wouldnt take out the middle pickup.

the problem is, i dont use the mid all that much, i use it with my bridge to cancel hum, but if i did this, there wouldnt be much of a point.
hey man its your tone, if you think it would work for you, go for it

good luck finding a pickguard though, you'll probably have to make your own
gear:
fender mim telecaster w/ some extra stuff
Vox Ad50vt
Vox V847 Wah
Boss OS-2
Keeley Boss DS-1 Ultra
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
MXR Phase 90
Boss CH-1
Quote by tbsff_7
hey man its your tone, if you think it would work for you, go for it

good luck finding a pickguard though, you'll probably have to make your own

yeah i know.

plus i cant solder, and i dont know how to wire everything. i doubt my mom wants me touching my guitar.

but would that bigmouth work for metal when the metal muff is cranked?
The easiest choice would be to buy a prewired pickguard from guitarfetish.com in the HH configuration. I know you want an HS. But HH is easier.

Another possibility would be to get a wired pickguard with only the bridge humbucker. That way you have less cutting to do. But you will still have some wiring ahead of you.

If you wanna start from scratch, the ebay seller guitarpartsresource1 has some blank pickguards(no holes). I bought one like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-PLY-WHITE-BLANK-PICKGUARD-FOR-FENDER-STRAT_W0QQitemZ250078576432QQihZ015QQcategoryZ41424QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Mine is the exact shape of my Fender PG.

As for the soldering, use google to find a good tutorial. You can learn how to do anything if you know how to search for it.
ill prolly get a pickguard cut for me. i know i cant wire it . im gonna need someone to do that. i dunno how im going to though.