Hello. After buying my Mexi telecaster last year i have finally decided to refinish it and mod into something that is appealling to me rather than metallic blue with sparkle. This is also my first guitar project. I havent 100% decided on waht the finish will be so suggestions are welcome. I was thinking Natural with tortoise shell pickguard or maybe black. For pickups i was considering Fender SCN noiseless. ive heard good things about these. But i would also like some suggestions on those aswell. I generally play stuff like RHCP, Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins, and then of course classic rock. I want something that has that vintage tele twang yet will stay audible with some distortion. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Now onto my questions. maybe its the finish on my guitar, maybe its the power sander, maybe i just suck idk. But typically waht type of sand paper is used to remove the finish. I am using 60 grit now so if thats normal then nevermind.

and my other question. How does one go about removing the string ferrules(sp?) from the back of the guitar. incase you forgot i have a telecaster.

o and pics will be posted throughout the project so if your interested check back.
take a look at the tele that Eddie Vedder plays...its perty sweet lookin
Could try natural with burn marks, they look quite nice.

Like this.

That would look quite nice with a dark red tort pickguard and black hardware.
Start with 60 grit, then 100, then 150, then 220, then 400.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
thanks for the clarification. another question. does anyone know that flash application on the internet that lets you make custom guitars. i wanna say its like kiskea or something but i cant remember exactly