Hey guys, I'm in the process of modding my Squier Strat and I am wondering what kind of pickups to upgrade to. It's a single-single-hum guitar and I use the 2 single coils for blues and the humbucker for rock and metal. I'm kinda lost and I don't know what to get...any suggestions would be appreciated

oh yeah and before I forget...I have a question about the nut on that squier. The nut is kinda slanted. I mean, it's lower on the treble side than on the bass strings side...is that a problem?

Thanks
Quote by King_Arthur
Gibson guitar = $500 (guess)

Pack of strings = $5

Messing up your guitar with a bass string = Priceless
I'd have to see the nut, first. Pics?
Say, why mod your pickups? You won't really notice the difference unless you get a nice amp.
If you're strapped for cash, save the 150 bucks (Probably woulda spent that much) you were gonna use for pickups, and get a nice amp. Whaddya say? I could help ya out with that, too.
Yeah, I was planning on getting a new amp sometime soon, but even if I did I doubt that would make much of a difference. The single coils have almost NO bluesy effect to them...they sound like crap...and the humbucker just has the crappiest tone ever. Even before I bought the guitar, I played it through a great amp at the store and it sounded the same.
Quote by King_Arthur

Pack of strings = $5

Dude, your amp is about 80% of your tone, I'd say. It WILL make a difference.
I played a Squire I used to have through a nice TUBE amp at my local guitar shop, it sounded pretty great. What amp did you play through?

EDIT: Also, you're using a digital processing pedal. Not gonna get the most inspiring tone outta that.
not sure what amp.....started with an 'm' (it wasn't mesa boogie)
Quote by King_Arthur

Pack of strings = $5