I've only been playing guitar for a little bit over a year now, and my gear sucks. I have a BC Rich Bronze Mockingbird and the practice amp to it. I seriously need new stuff, and I don't know what to get. I am primarily concerned about getting a better amp. My style of music is sorta like punk rock. Does anyone have suggestions? Thanks.
Marshall MG30DFX Combo

and $300 Fender Stratocastor and your good to go.
Schecter C-1-XXX - Seymour Duncan Jazz/Invader
Schecter A-1 - EMG 81/81
Schecter S-1 - EMG 81/85
Titan Custom Fernandes Ravelle Style

Peavy G-150
Line 6 Spider II 30

Line 6 Constrictor
Digitech Death Metal Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby
I know youve probably heard this a thousand times but the higher priced marshalls are good for that..... uhhh casualties use crate blue voodoo heads....but its all personal preference
Quote by Bass90
Marshall MG30DFX Combo

and $300 Fender Stratocastor and your good to go.

Do NOT get an MG. The strat's alright though.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
The reason I'm concerned about an amp is because the drummer in my band overpowers me. So I'll do good with anything that can help me boost up the volume. Also, I'd prefer Marshall Amps.
try www.rondomusic.net for the guitar.

Amp-wise, Vox.

Rock on l..l,
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
go for a marshall, not an mg though or a squier.... The avt's are good and JCM heads are good too if you get a stack
dude...
first of all; your a noob, u play punk rock and you have a ****ING B.C. RICH, that is a metal brand you idiot, there slogan is "the brand of metal" or somthing like that, whoever that got that guitar for u is a retard.

two; the Line 6 Spyder 3s are great for anything, they're very versitale and quite light for their size, it has 4 different distortion levels, a twang and clean setting, go with one of those, but i STONGLY recommend getting the foot pedal acessory for an extra 100 bucks but its got a built in tuner, wah,and chain (preset) selector
Quote by WoW guitarist
dude...
first of all; your a noob, u play punk rock and you have a ****ING B.C. RICH, that is a metal brand you idiot, there slogan is "the brand of metal" or somthing like that, whoever that got that guitar for u is a retard.

two; the Line 6 Spyder 3s are great for anything, they're very versitale and quite light for their size, it has 4 different distortion levels, a twang and clean setting, go with one of those, but i STONGLY recommend getting the foot pedal acessory for an extra 100 bucks but its got a built in tuner, wah,and chain (preset) selector

Yeah, I know it is a metal guitar, and that is why I bought it. I started primarily playing metal, and now I am more into a punk sort of music. But overall, it is a crappy guitar. Oh, and thanks for suggesting the Line 6 Spyder 3s, I was thinking about getting one. And I'm definitely getting the foot pedal.
Quote by WoW guitarist
dude...

You arent in the postition to call anyone a noob.

Don't get a line 6 spyder or a Marshall MG, look at Vox AD series or Roland Cuve series.
For guitar any guitar shoulld really suit.