I was thinking of getting an Ibanez GAX I think its called. Its the kind that Zacky v. from a7x plays. I was just wonderin' if anyone had one and knows if they're any good.
Quote by unholy_love
I was thinking of getting an Ibanez GAX I think its called. Its the kind that Zacky v. from a7x plays. I was just wonderin' if anyone had one and knows if they're any good.

no. GAX sucks. AX rules. i have an AX.
they use schecters,my friend thot the same thing,but if you geta gax,save up,get a higher end one,sopme of the AX's are nice
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join
Quote by punkMETALskater
they use schecters,my friend thot the same thing,but if you geta gax,save up,get a higher end one,sopme of the AX's are nice

but, they just got rid of AX's, but i think they revamped the GAX's. there necks are why i hate em. theyre like 8 inches wide on the bottom.

oh nvm. they still suck. the only decent body is the GAX30, and thats the lowest. the rest are made of agathis. stay away. far away.
Last edited by Arlabester at Feb 15, 2007,
Agathis isn't all that bad. It isn't the prettiest , and thats why you don't usually see them in transparent finishes. But tone wise it isn't horrible. It's just cheap, and many times used in cheap guitars and thats why it gets a bad rap.

Anyway. I had the GAX70, and I loved how it sounded. The neck pickup wasn't the best, but the bridge sounded great. I eventually put in seymor duncans and that made it sound even better. It is a great guitar for that price range, but eventually I wanted something better and I ended up selling it in order to have enough money for a better guitar.