Please, I've got a very serious question, and I'd like to get an educated serious answer. Anything other than such, will be reported as spam, and not to sound big-headed, but I did warn you.

I, as a freshman in high school, have yet had the chance to take any AP classes or any 10th-12th grade classes at all except for Geometry...which should be a 9th grade class, but my school is a typical Southern school(a.k.a slow). Anyways, the question I have is, for anyone who's taken AP world history, and remembers it quite well, could you outline what I should start reviewing and reading up on to know the basis of what I'm going to experience next year? I love history, so extra reading and/or studying is no issue to me!

Thanks for anyone who at least read that whole deal, and a special thanks to anyone who can help!
Im taking it...

Study the history of the world.

Its kind of easier if you have a world history text book.
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
Well let's see, my AP World History class was focused most heavily on the trades and interractions between the ancient civilizations, and the spread of things such as religion, valuables, ideas, etc.

We also focused heavily on Asian history
My God, it's full of stars!
Weird.

My class focused on europe from 14th to late 18th / early 19th century
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
Woah I didn't even know there was an AP World History class...

The only excelled world history class my school has is Honors

*not sure why I felt this was sad enough to use a sad smiley*
A lot of Asia.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
My school has an AP European History, and an AP American History. No AP World History.

Some good things to start up on (at least for my AP European history class) would be the Greeks and Romans. It would be a good idea to have a good understanding of Europe at around 600-1000 AD, because that is pretty much where my class started off.
Quote by Do_the_dew910
Please, I've got a very serious question, and I'd like to get an educated serious answer. Anything other than such, will be reported as spam, and not to sound big-headed, but I did warn you.

I, as a freshman in high school, have yet had the chance to take any AP classes or any 10th-12th grade classes at all except for Geometry...which should be a 9th grade class, but my school is a typical Southern school(a.k.a slow). Anyways, the question I have is, for anyone who's taken AP world history, and remembers it quite well, could you outline what I should start reviewing and reading up on to know the basis of what I'm going to experience next year? I love history, so extra reading and/or studying is no issue to me!

Thanks for anyone who at least read that whole deal, and a special thanks to anyone who can help!

I'm taking it next semester.

Sorry I can't help.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by Dreadnought
Well let's see, my AP World History class was focused most heavily on the trades and interractions between the ancient civilizations, and the spread of things such as religion, valuables, ideas, etc.

We also focused heavily on Asian history

Quote by thesublime
http://wps.ablongman.com/long_stearns_wcap_3/0,8222,1005788-,00.html

^ Best resource ever. (not really. AP History course books are the best. )

Thank you both, this is a great start!

Edit: I didn't mean that Geometry in 9th was weird, I think throughout most of the U.S. it is required but here, it's not, Algebra I is the NORMAL 9th grade class, only if you show you're ready can you take Geometry ~_~
Last edited by Do_the_dew910 at Feb 15, 2007,
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
My school has an AP European History, and an AP American History. No AP World History.
Same here (maybe it's a Californian thing?).
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
If so, it's because we fucking rock. Eat it other states!

But yeah, I don't know why.
We're too good to have to know about the non-Western world

*jk*

P.S. - You taking AP American Government...?
Quote by yawn
We're too good to have to know about the non-Western world

*jk*

P.S. - You taking AP American Government...?

I will be taking AP Government. It is a senior course in my school. Alas, I'm a sophomore. It is only a semester though. There is AP American Government and AP Economics. Is it the same with you?
^ We don't have an AP Economics, though we do have an AP Statistics (OF WHICH I F*CKING HATE AND WISH I NEVER ENROLLED IN DAMMIT) but actually now that I think of it those classes wouldn't be the least bit similar, and I guess I just brought up AP Statistics to possibly reveal some hidden, subliminal message about my slight antipathy towards the class.

Anyways...

Yeah, AP Gov's for seniors here too. And I must say, do NOT take that class if your teacher is anything like mine. He doesn't prepare us for the AP exam AT ALL, and he spends all the class time talking about things that would develop our skills as "political scientists", of which the exam in May will have nothing to do about.

[/rant]
Quote by yawn
^ We don't have an AP Economics, though we do have an AP Statistics (OF WHICH I F*CKING HATE AND WISH I NEVER ENROLLED IN DAMMIT) but actually now that I think of it those classes wouldn't be the least bit similar, and I guess I just brought up AP Statistics to possibly reveal some hidden, subliminal message about my slight antipathy towards the class.

Anyways...

Yeah, AP Gov's for seniors here too. And I must say, do NOT take that class if your teacher is anything like mine. He doesn't prepare us for the AP exam AT ALL, and he spends all the class time talking about things that would develop our skills as "political scientists", of which the exam in May will have nothing to do about.

[/rant]

According to one of my (conservative) friends, the Government teacher is really liberal and will be harsh on you if you don't believe what she believes. Though to be fair, my friend exaggerates that stuff a lot. Plus I'm more liberal than not. So it'll all work out okay.

I could take AP Statistics (along with Math Analysis E) next year, but I need room in my schedule for Speech and Debate so I'm not going to. I'm considering it for Senior year (along with AP Calculus), but I don't know it it'll be too hard. Although I've always been a math person.
umm well im currently taking World Civilization (same thing) but I've already taking US History, im a sophmore, in a southern state..KY
they're both insanely easy
i wanted to tak AP world civ but it was too late
its really easy, umm we focused on religion and the Incusition(sp) and stuff and like religion and trade with asia and exploration, and now we're going into like american revolution and like mozart and stuff like that
its easy i just set there on my laptop looking at musicians friend *until they blocked it
oh well we're watching Amadeus and its funny, and we just all laugh at my teacher b/c shes weird and i hate her b/c she made me re-do my open response (which would've received an A+) b/c she asked to do it on a recent abosulte ruler and the only one she would let us do that on saddam and she didnt tell that to me until I turned it in
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
I could take AP Statistics (along with Math Analysis E) next year, but I need room in my schedule for Speech and Debate so I'm not going to. I'm considering it for Senior year (along with AP Calculus), but I don't know it it'll be too hard. Although I've always been a math person.
I suppose if you're good at math then it might not be too bad, but the main problem with my class is that mostly everyone is a senior with a bad case of senioritis (deadly I tell you!). The best students are probably a few of the juniors and the one sophomore...

My friend who's in both AP Calc and AP Stat says Calc is easier, mainly because AP Stat isn't really a "math" class in the traditional sense. You still use math, of course, but you approach it in a completely different manner.

...yeah.
Quote by Do_the_dew910

Edit: I didn't mean that Geometry in 9th was weird, I think throughout most of the U.S. it is required but here, it's not, Algebra I is the NORMAL 9th grade class, only if you show you're ready can you take Geometry ~_~

oh, okay.. yeah, I think I read it wrong the first time. That's the same as at my school.
-[NiL]-