Hey folks...

I'm new to recording and have a question. Just got a Fishman Neo D passive pickup for my Taylor 110. It's going into an M-Audio AudioBuddy preamp which goes into an M-Audio Fast Track USB.

The sound is clear but sounds very metallic and processed with little of the steel-string acoustic sound. Doesn't sound very natural.

I'm assuming it's the Fishman? Is there anything I can do to make it sound more natural? I know this is low-end equipment, but I was hoping for a more acoustic sound.

Thanks!

Adam
That particular pickup works pretty much the same way as an electric guitar pickup. It doesn't carry the acoustic sound as well a mic or soundboard transducer would. If your goal is to record, I would probably by a $50 microphone...it will sound much better than a pickup.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Quote by roamingbard13
That particular pickup works pretty much the same way as an electric guitar pickup. It doesn't carry the acoustic sound as well a mic or soundboard transducer would. If your goal is to record, I would probably by a $50 microphone...it will sound much better than a pickup.

agreed. in my personal opinion, and recording experience, the best way is to use two mics and the soundhole pickup and play around with it until you get the sound you wish. it really depends on your time and funds tho! good luck
Tommy Emmanuel C.G.P = The Man

Quote by civildp1
wouldn't it be awesome if you pulled a girls panties off and she smelled like cake?

Quote by SupremeACL
My mom used to fart a lot. It sucked.