ok.. so my little brother (an emo fag) tried bitchin at me and sayin he hates people who use the word emo, and said that theres not even such a genre known as emo.. said it was retarded because all music is written with emotion.

i told him i hate emo fags who get all anal about being emo.. and told him to just accept it.. hes emo, deal with it. if he doesnt want to be called emo, stop being emo.

so whos with me? is emo a real genre or is it just a degrading stereotype put on by the media?

(im not saying all emo kids are fags.. but they probably are)
The sheer amount of homophobic language used in that post not only makes your already stupid thread worse, but actually makes me lose any respect for you as a user in future.

I'm tired of kids like you coming into this forum, knowing fuck all and spouting stereotypes.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

/\
| |
hes kinda right but i mean ur both right to a certain extent
most music is written with emotion but emo dwells on those emotions for too long but it is both a genre and a media streotype.
Emo is real. Unfortunately. I could go on for hours, but I'll just say this...

Emo's think they have it so bad because they dont have friends at school, or because they are made fun of, or because they are abused in someway in their day to day life. They don't realize how good people have it in North America. Move to Kenya, ya dumbass. They wouldn't come back emo, I can tell you that
Well... You are right.. All music is written with some type of emotion but if your talking about the music about some kid's girlfriend breaking up with him and him cutting himself and crying all the time.. I guess that would be emo music. And I believe an "emo" kid would be some of those kids... well... you usually can always tell.

And there really is no reason to call everything you dont like "Fag". Thats very immature. Besides, Usually you wouldnt see a homosexual person dressing that way.
Last edited by Steve-n at Feb 15, 2007,
Quote by DownInAHole.
For Christ sake, another emo thread.

the thread category is "Pop Punk & Emo"

i think emo threads are allowed
dude im sorry but i agree with yuore brother. i hate the fact that just because you wear alot of black and listen to certain music gives people the rigjht to use some gay label on you. like when all the black kids at my school look at me and go are you ar rocker?? what the **** is a rocker!! i like rock does that mean that thats the only thing i do in life or that thats all that goes into my ears, and if it does, does that make me some kinda bad person or something. people need to stop coming up with ways to divide each other. i do however agree that kids seeing a group of people who dress and act a certain way will listen to bands and dress up just like theyre fans to be cool.thats a a fag, especially because they dont know what the hell theyre representing and make certain bands look like a gay trend.
Quote by casualty01

btw, you're annoying me.

banned.

Cas-
Quote by blue_strat

Not ones full of dumbasses and tired content.

EDIT: This thread...oh dear.

Quote by ETHANEVIL

some people are retarded

emo is a genre of music- people on a forum like this should know that

'emo kids' arent 'emo' they are just attention seekers with an outlet.

period

oh and emo music ISNT "scary kids" and "The Used" i like those bands a bit, but they arent emo
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by the_astronaut
The sheer amount of homophobic language used in that post not only makes your already stupid thread worse, but actually makes me lose any respect for you as a user in future.

I'm tired of kids like you coming into this forum, knowing fuck all and spouting stereotypes.

ಥ_ಥ
This has probably been said about a million times, but emo is a type of music, not a retarded stereotype. So I agree with your brother to be honest.
Its just another fad. Every generation has them its just a trend it will pass dont worry..

Gear:
Ibanez Iceman ic100
Fender Strat MIM
Peavey bandit 112
Samick bass
Fender 12 string acoustic
Austin Acoustic
Old Silverton steel guitar (40's)
Late 70's Tiesco
Conn 12 string Guitar
Quote by blue_strat

I think he meant it in the way of 'olol teh em0rzz suxx1 lon lv acdc d00d im ryte'.

And yeah, just shut up about it.
Quote by Friendly Stoat
This has probably been said about a million times, but emo is a type of music, not a retarded stereotype. So I agree with your brother to be honest.

oh my ****ing THANK YOU

Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
****ing emos they are always like that isnt emo theres no such thing as emo than what is emo

also all you bitches who say emo isn't a genre or call it "hardcore" **** off It pisses off real hardcore punks like me and trust me emo is a genere based of goth bands like the cure and punk bands like fugazi

sad+goth+punk=emo
sad+goth+punk+metal=scremo
anger+punk=real hardcore
Quote by blue_strat

Still. You'd think they'd put a ban on emo bashing threads because every one of them turns into a 7 page flame.
LOL
Ugh, how ****ing lame are you? Seriously what you consider to be "emo" isn't even emo, Rites of Spring is emo, Fugazi is emo, and Sunny Day Real Estate is emo. Not MCR, P!ATD, and FOB which I'm sure you think they are. Even then so what? Emo stands for emotional hardcore. So I'm pretty sure your brother can't be an "emotional hardcore fag" (very mature insult btw). Basically you don't know shit about anything so just go away and never come back please.
heres the deal emo is an actual genre there are emo sections in stores, on tv and other things of the like, EMO kids call themselves EMOS its just how it is, like metal heads are metal heads and rockers are rockers you can cry and try to break out of a mold i have but people will still try to label you so ya know what LET THEM then suprise them by doing something unexpected but yes there are things such as emos, and thats it
Quote by Izdigger
Arrrgh! The agony! Bring me a virgin and a cup of Devil's brew!

Quote by mr kipling
I can sweep with my boner.I have to use light strings, otherwise My penis will look like an emo wrist.
Quote by outlaw metaler
****ing emos they are always like that isnt emo theres no such thing as emo than what is emo

also all you bitches who say emo isn't a genre or call it "hardcore" **** off It pisses off real hardcore punks like me and trust me emo is a genere based of goth bands like the cure and punk bands like fugazi

sad+goth+punk=emo
anger+punk=real hardcore

All this genre rubbish gets on my nerves, it sounds different to different people, and lets face it, who cares?
Swearing at everyone doesn't make you look good by the way.
Just thought I'd point that out.
And emo is such an over-used word, if anyone wears anything black or listens to any type of heavy music, loads of people I know think that's emo. Which is a load of bull.
Last edited by Friendly Stoat at Feb 15, 2007,
Quote by outlaw metaler

sad+goth+punk=emo
anger+punk=real hardcore

No.

Quote by ETHANEVIL

Quote by DownInAHole.
Still. You'd think they'd put a ban on emo bashing threads because every one of them turns into a 7 page flame.

Quote by NGD1313
Ugh, how ****ing lame are you? Seriously what you consider to be "emo" isn't even emo, Rites of Spring is emo, Fugazi is emo, and Sunny Day Real Estate is emo. Not MCR, P!ATD, and FOB which I'm sure you think they are. Even then so what? Emo stands for emotional hardcore. So I'm pretty sure your brother can't be an "emotional hardcore fag" (very mature insult btw). Basically you don't know shit about anything so just go away and never come back please.

... point taken.
Quote by NGD1313

I tried to say that earlier, emo = emotional hardcore.
but his brothers wrong...

and hes wrong...

hes a basher with a crappy vocabulary.

and his brother is a scene kid. or hipster, w.e u wanna call it!
Quote by original=punk

and his brother is a scene kid. or hipster, w.e u wanna call it!

+1. Bash him all you want for being a 'scene kid'. Don't call him emo though, 'cause you're wrong, mkay?